Priceline Hotel: 4* Seoul (Gangnam-Gu - Seouchu Gu) Renaissance

LHFlyer
By LHFlyer,
in

I checked the rates yesterday via www.marriott.com/selrn - no problems with availability. Today, only Club level rooms were available for one night stays (I do that as a poor student to maximize eBay points). Shocked about this, I decided to check the whole time period - bingo, usual availability.

My usual $57 was countered with $17 counteroffer - perhaps they have raised the rate as the dollar is a bit weaker. Added Central Seoul and bid $60 - accepted at the Renaissance Seoul just as I needed.

Renaissance Seoul

Seocho-Gu - Gangnam-Gu

676 Yoksam Dong Gangnam Gu

Seoul, Republic Of Korea

82-2-5550501

Check-In Date: Monday, November 1, 2004

Check-Out Date: Friday, November 5, 2004

Your Offer Price: $60.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $240.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $38.25

Total Charges: $278.25

Cheapest rate on Marriott.com is about $250 per night with tax.

I had similar experience with the Renaissance Hamburg lately. Got a deal with PL HK for 1 night, but however checked on marriott.com afterwards about room availability and they showed only club rooms available upwards for that night. However, during my stay the hotel seemed almost empty... so probably only a system error on marriott.com.

This place is not very busy either. However, I have noticed that for last minute weekday bookings, the Seoul Renaissance always shows only Club Level rooms. Same happened before and I booked the Intercon thinking that the Ren was indeed full. Perhaps they want these last-minute travellers to book club rooms like airlines may only sell full Y/C for walk-up fares??

I got rejected by PL also for one-night bids before I was successful with the four nights together.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]