Hotwire Hotel: This seems expensive - Help

Rene6
By Rene6,
in

My husband and I would like to take a long weekend trip to Chicago. We are planners and the dates that we will be traveling are 10/08 checking out 10/11. We have used hotwire and Priceline both in the past and have found great deals. These prices below don't seem that good to us so we were wondering if we should wait for another time. We would love to hear your advice. Please help!!!!!!

The following are the hotels and the prices that I found on hotwire.

$232.00 for a 4.5 Star hotel on the Magnificent Mile / Streetsville - It has a Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet, and Spa

$227.00 for a 4 Star hotel on the Magnificent Mile / Streetsville - Boutique hotel, Non Smoking, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center and Internet Access

$175.00 for a 4 Star hotel on North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast - Fitness Center, Restaurant , Business Center and Internet Access.

Welcome to the site.

This would be due to the Marathon, which is going on during this particular weekend.

If you would still like help ID'ing these listings, please let us know or we would be happy to suggest an alternate weekend.

If you still want to go on these dates and are driving, I'd much rather suggest staying in the suburbs for far cheaper.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links, and let us know your thoughts on the above.

For the 4.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville, are you seeing additional amenities beyond the ones mentioned above?

The 4* Mag Mile is likely the Hotel Sax.

The 4* NMA is likely the Millennium Knickerbocker.

As an alternate option, I'd rather suggest this "Stay 2 Nights, Get 1 Free" non-refundable deal from Starwood Hotels (please use the link below)

Stay 2 nights, get 1 free

Search for 10/8-11, then a list of hotels will come up. Select the Westin River North, then indicate 2 adults. There should be a room option for $279 for the first 2, third night free = $558. $558/3 = $186. That's a beautiful hotel on the Chicago River.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]