Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip Central) Venetian

RichardS
By RichardS,
in

Hi,

I am a brand new member to this forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me in booking a hotel for my trip to Las Vegas either through HOTWIRE or PRICELINE. I am looking for the best deal. My dates are 08.12.09 to 08-18-09. I am going with my girlfriend and we are looking for a fun place that has a great pool and places to have a good time, whether thats clubs or nice restaurants. Anything above a 4 star, and preferably on the strip or just off.

Please let me know what I should do, how i should start. Like i said ive never used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. Anyones help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

-Richard

Good evening. :)

As I've mentioned in other threads, waiting to see if prices will go down is essentially placing a bet on prices heading South. If traffic picks up (and/or if something like a convention is going on during your dates of travel), you risk suddenly seeing prices jump and/or the HOTWIRE listing you had your eye on no longer showing up (the hotel sold out of its HOTWIRE inventory.)

While some people have had success "waiting it out" and seeing prices come down, keep in mind that it can also very easily go the other way.

What would be your budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Please keep all discussion of this trip within this thread. Thank you.

It is not entirely safe to assume that the only hotel could be the Mandalay Bay; there's always the risk that another, previously unreported hotel could be won. Additionally, one cannot be sure that the Mandalay Bay is offering inventory on PRICELINE on these dates. With PRICELINE, one has to be flexible and willing to accept what may show up as a win when bidding.

What is your budget per night?

Please keep all posts in this thread since posts are for the same dates.

THEhotel is currently reported as the only 5* PRICELINE hotel reported in the South zone. But please note. Hotels are added/removed by PRICELINE all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change.

The peak rate is $229 for two of your nights nights, so this is the rate you have to crack. But you have time on your side. So i would start at $80 and work my way up in $5 steps.

Do you know how to use your free zones? This is a good link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

If you have any questions or need help with a strategy so please post. But please read the above link and learn how to determine your re-bid zones.

Yellowdog.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I start a new thread, and then it always gets moved here!

Why!!

Can someone help me?

Everyone has been telling you why. You started this topic to ask for assistance on an upcoming trip to Las Vegas in mid-August. Any posts pertaining to this trip should be sent as replies to this thread. Don't start any new topics about this trip!

Which question is it that you currently need answered? If it's post #16 above, please indicate the star rating and zone of that property.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- others on the board are trying to help you, please watch your tone with those who are trying to assist you with your stay so that this remains a cordial and respectful place. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]