Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Airport Hartsfield ATL) Hilton

SJK
By SJK,
in

Can you help identify this for me? I would like either Westin or Renaissance. Hilton is OK but run down and they stick it to you with $10/night parking as a guest.

This is for a 4* for $69/night (for 1 night only, July 28th, 2009) with following amenities:

Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurants(s), Business Center, High Speed Internet Access.

TripAdvisor gives it a 4 out of 5, with 100+ reviews.

Says it is 2.1 miles from airport (which unfortunately seems far if it was to be the Renaissance).

Not 100% certain but best guess is that this is the Hilton.

Note that the milage shown by HOTWIRE is not the distance from the actual hotel offered to the landmark specified, but is the distance from the center of the zone t the designated location.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

According to Hotwire, their 4* hotels would be: "InterContinental, Hyatt, Omni, and

other prestigious hotel brands". And under their 3.5* they list "Hilton, Millennium, Crowne Plaza,

and other respected hotel brands"

Will this always hold true (i.e. - They won't include a Hilton under the 4* category)??? If so then I'm wondering if that would rule out the Hilton Airport.

What I am unsure about is if this can vary by location - e.g. if you get a nice hilton in one area that is considered 4* for that area, will Hotwire include it in the 4* category or stick to their online ratings that a Hilton will be 3.5*.

I guess thinking now they would probably have to keep their own ratings as this is documented on their site and they have to be consistent in hotel brand ratings.

What do you think?

I am a loyal Hilton member but this property at the airport is not a nice one and even for a night before a flight I wouldn't want to stay at it.

According to HOTWIRE, their 4* hotels would be: "InterContinental, Hyatt, Omni, and

other prestigious hotel brands". And under their 3.5* they list "Hilton, Millennium, Crowne Plaza,

and other respected hotel brands"

This is standard verage throughout their website and you'll see the same hotels listed at each star level no matter which city you're looking at, although the same brands are rated differently depending upon which city you're searching.

If the above isn't clear, i'll rephrase with an example: there are Hilton properties rated 3*, 3.5*, 4*, 4.5*, and 5* depending upon what city you're searching in, but the same examples of hotels and star ratings is given, even if the Hilton in that zone is not rated 3.5* (as quoted above)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ended up trying Priceline and got the Hilton :) for $64/night plus taxes. I found that the airport park n fly, which is just a mile away, is having a sale on off airport parking and got it for $39 for 7 days, so that saved me about $50 off the airport prices. Hilton want $10/night so I passed on that.

Only bad thing I am learning about Priceline is that there was no where to put in that we were a party of 4 (2 ads, 2 kids). Thus they booked us in a King. I called the hotel (as Priceline says to) to get 2 DBLs but the Hilton won't guarantee anything. We'll work through it one way or another.

Overall I'm still happy with getting the room for $64 as it will allow us to relax and not deal with the 60 mile rush hour commute in Atlanta morning traffic :) .

I did book this using the PRICELINE link. I will post there as well.

Tried booking a 4* for ATL airport starting at $50 bid. It denied me and said to increase by $14, which I did and won the Airport Hilton.

For future bidding note that you can often undercut PRICELINE's counter off by using re-bid zones, as discussed in this Priceline Suggests Price to Pay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]