OH Cleveland Downtown Doubletree Lakeside

Jneemz
By Jneemz,
in

This is straight from my trip advisor review for the most part.

After staying at the Intercontinetal Suites in Cleveland, and visiting the rock and roll hall of fame, we checked into the hotel. From the hall of fame you could actually see the hotel so it was probably the closest hotel to the hall of fame. At the check in we were welcomed nicely given 3 warm chocolate cookies(2 travellers) The halls weren't very nice and the elevator wasn't great but it was all fine, that wasn't important to us. We opened the door and found a very modern and nice room. The Sweet Dreams beds are great, and to our surprise a 32 inch HDTV in the room. It had 80 channels but no HD channels. There were 1 or 2 chairs in the room which was nice. The room itself was good if not better then Intercontinental Suites Cleveland Clinic. When I went into the bathroom it was also modern and decently nice, but I noticed that there were hairs everywhere, so it must not have been cleaned well. That was the only bad part of the rooms. At night we took the shuttle to the Indians game which worked out well. But on our way home the shuttle took 30 minutes to come get us, which was a bit much, we called 5-10 minutes in advance and the stadium is a 5 minute ride. We got back and enjoyed a pretty good sleep with almost no noise, until we were awoken at 2 am where a party was going on across the hall. At one point my dad swore he heard someone say "You can't have 20 people in a room" The noise stopped shortly after and we slept well.

We didn't get to use any of the filicities because it was only a one night stay. We checked out and I asked for more cookies and they gave us a bunch!

Overall good stay here, watch for hotwire.com they usually put their hotel on it and we got it for $54 or 68 with taxes and fees.

. Another note, we got free parking in the meters in the hotel, no need to pay $16 parking since it's a good neighborhood.

• 8 months later...

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree Lakeside Cleveland during the Easter weekend. A couple of chocoloate cookies with a smooth check-in is a good way to start things off.

The lobby looks fabulous; the elevators and hallways, not so much. We got a 16th floor room at the very end with one queen size bed. The room itself was nicely decorated and equipped with a flat screen TV, and lots of channels to choose from, but no HD channels. Because the room had no closet, a wardrobe was placed in the room. With a desk, and a large ottoman in what was a small room, it made for a very cramped space.

The bathroom was also very nicely done up. Lots of towels, and a tub with a curved shower curtain bar. The shower curtain was a fine mesh at the top, presumably to let some light into the shower area. Unfortunately, this set up didn't do a good job of actually containing the water and it got a little wet on the floor.

Poor housekeeping practices seems to be common for this place. The previous reviewer noted it. And when I checked on Trip Advisor, that seemed to be a common complaint in reviews there as well. I'll have to add my voice to the chorus. When we got in the room, the bathroom wastebasket contained trash from the previous occupant. And during our stay, it seemed to me that the floor wasn't vacuumed either.

Overall, I really wouldn't rate agree with a 3.5* rating that Priceline placed on it. But on the other hand, for the $43/night we paid, it was certainly good enough, and we wouldn't be annoyed if we got this place again in a subsequent trip to Cleveland.

• 5 months later...

We stayed here August 2010. We had stayed here about 5-6 years ago when it was still a Holiday Inn. It was fine then, but they really did a nice job redecorating the property as a Doubletree. The contemporary decor is urbane--even edgy--and our room decor looked more like a "W" hotel than a Doubletree: dark wood furniture, a leather-like wall covering, black and platinum horizontally striped drapes, and a wavy line burgundy and black carpet...really quite striking. A nice change of pace from the usual beige color scheme of most chain hotels. The room was clean and in good repair, although a bit on the small side. The bathroom was nice and the bed was very comfortable.

The hotel is on the NE edge of Downtown, near Lake Erie, and about a 10 minute walk to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The area around the hotel is mostly office and civic buildings, so it was pretty quiet at night and on the weekend. However, a pleasant 15 minute walk west led to the Warehouse District, with lots of restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. A 15 minute walk south was Cleveland's excellent theater district, Playhouse Square. And a 15 minute walk SW was the newly emerging East 4th Street, another restaurant/entertainment district that was amazingly busy even on a weekday night. Cleveland has a lot of historic architecture, which made our walks interesting. And although we didn't stay out too late, we felt safe walking around Downtown. My wife was impressed that Downtown Cleveland was really quite clean.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We also had positive interactions with the housekeeping staff. Overall, a pleasant experience and we would be happy to stay here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]