Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

jacqueusi
By jacqueusi,
in

Looking to celebrate a birthday and my wife's graduation by driving to Chicago and meeting up with family. Sister lives near Grant park and I'd like to take the kids to Shedds so the South Loop is ideal. The closer to Grant the better. We'll be there one day before the rest of the group.

I'm picking up the tab for the rooms so any cost savings would be most appreciated.

As always, Thanks in Advance!

You could try this:

MDA Apartments - luxury condo w/2BR and full kitchen - $261.99 via Orbitz (and then coupon code deal0hotel takes 10% off that price = about $235.80) for 7/31/09-8/2/09. This would be instead of two rooms for 7/31-8/2. If you search for more than 2 in the room, the only option is the 2BR, if you search for 2 or less, then a cheaper 1 bed option also shows.

For 7/30-8/2: 4* on HOTWIRE in the Loop - Fitness, Business, Restaurant, Internet, Pool. $98. Likely Palmer House.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz.com links.

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Loop and re-bid zone4...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $90

You'll need to make separate bids, one for one room (7/30-8/2) and a seprate bid for three rooms (7/31-8/2).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I chickened out and ran with the information that Riesling provided in a recent post:

$55 "Millenium-Loop-Grand Park": denied

$60 add "NMA-River North": denied

$62 add "Skokie - Niles - Evanston": accepted

4* The Palmer House Hilton $62 for 4 nights 7/31-8/4

Great deal~~

Won on my first try with a bid of $62 for 3 nights, 7/30-8/2. How I LOVE this site.

Issue though, when I tried the same bid $62 for 2 nights, 7-/31-8/2 for other members of my party (3 more rooms), the bid was rejected.

The next step then for me to rebid is to add another zone that does not have a 4* in it, correct? Any suggestions? I checked NMA-River North and there was a 4* there. I think I ran into this problem before, maybe I'm not looking at the right screen?

Thank you.

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that the information on the board was helpful with your purchase.

I have moved the posts that previously followed the one above to a new topic here: Priceline Chicago, please continue that thread for the additional rooms you need.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]