Convertible SEA 07/23 to 07/27

dracs
By dracs,
in

Hello

First of all thank you for looking and sorry for bothering.

I am looking for convertible for SEA from 23 july to 27 july.I want to mention here that it is not must but just thought if I could get a good deal.This shall also be my first experience with priceline bidding.

I already have mustang reserved for the dates at 334$ with avis so just thought of playing a gamble.

I looked for deals and priceline has only 2 options right now, publicly published price is $ 595(125/day+130 approx tax) with fox and other is hertz which is 972$ total.

So can you suggest what I can try ,I would like to start with lowest.D you have an idea whether SEA location has mostly mustang convertible or its mainlyconv sebring(This question is I know not realistic but if somebody has rented quite a few times or is local and have an idea.)

I am assuming that what ever you suggest will be /day charge without taxes and priceline will add up taxes for me before I place my bid.

If you could tell me that in case I bid where to put my winning bid information also.That shall be very helpful.I will make sure I use the PRICELINE link on this site.

Is there any place on this website where I can look for recent car rental winning bids for particular destination?

Thanks once again.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see recent winning bids by looking in the Car Rental Forum on the board.

PRICELINE bids are per day and before taxes and fees... how much of a deal are you looking for to make using PRICELINE worthwhile? What would your maximum bid be? (go to PRICELINE, enter your info and bid price, then on the next page (this is before you enter any credit card info so shold be no fear of getting charged) is a 'review' screen and the total will be shown at the bottom... use the BACK button on your browser to increase/decrease your bid amount to see how that affects the total 'all-in' price)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above regarding your maximum budget and bid price and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you administrator for the reply.

I can go max till my 334$ total price so I want to go lower as much as its possible.I tried to gauge what recent winning bids were for Seattle but there weren't which I could see.

So can you suggest what can I try now?

If you believe I am unrealistic also to go till 334$ where lowest publicized rate is 595$ total then also let me know.

I tried putting 40$/day as bid price and it shows me total of 255$ with taxes(95$).

PS: That When I look at priceline then only fox and hertz are showing up and rest shows NA but on the page where I have to give my credit card a box on right says it can be from national,alamo,avis,hertz and budget. I hope they won't give me from any of these companies as some may consider pt cruiser as also convertible which I don't think will be comparable to mustang or chrysler convertible.I checked individually on avis,national,budget,alamo and it shows soldout.

Thanks

If PT cruiser makes a convertible model than that would be a possibility from a winning PRICELINE bid... while the chances of winning one of these other companies is low given their websites show sold-out, we have seen wins in such a situation; this is the exception more than the rule, but i wouldn't completely exclude this as a possibility.

As well, rental company locations often end up with cars from other locations, so i wouldn't consider any list of hotels from a location's website to be finite (which is why they usually include language such as "this car class includes vehicles such as..."

Given the above, let us know if you'd still like to proceed and give PRICELINE a try.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again Admin for the reply.

I am willing to give a shot at PRICELINE. Please suggest me what should I start and what should be next incerements if it gets rejected.

Thanks

Note: I would like to mention that pt cruiser is considered special special convertible by fox and its price on their website is less than 50% of regular convertible mustang they offer .Plus In the description at priceline they say chrysler sebring or similar.

As per my comments above:

Plus In the description at priceline they say chrysler sebring or similar.
(emphasis added)

Given current rates are higher than when you booked, some rental companies showing sold-out, and this is a Monday-Friday rental (more expensive than weekends) i'd start with $35 and raise $5 every 24 hours.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it ultimately goes or if we can be of further help.

I am sorry but you lost me here

"Given current rates are higher than when you booked, some rental companies showing sold-out, and this is a Monday-Friday rental (more expensive than weekends) i'd start with $35 and raise $5 every 24 hours. "

My reservation is for standard mustang not convertible.This is a specialty vehicle from avis.Its sold out now.My reservation is from thursday to mondaySold out dates are also for the time frame I am looking that is thursday to monday .

Thanks

Sorry, i confused some aspects (dates) of another thread with this one, so to make sure i'm up to speed and on the same page... you currently you have a specialty vehicle (mustang non-convertible) reserved but are looking to bid on a convertible, correct?

Are you expecting the convertible you bid on to be a Mustang Convertible (or would any convertible do?)

Sorry for the mix-up.

Thank you admin for the replies,

Yes admin I have non convertible mustang reserved with avis and wanted to bid for convertible(mustang).I was trying to deduce fwhich car would I get by looking at car rental companies website.

I emailed priceline guys about my convertible doubts,they literally drove me nuts with their non informative mails :)

I specifically asked them that I see hertz and fox only offering convertibles on priceline but in name the price, I see companies like alamo,budget etc.So will my convertible be from hertz or fox or it can be from companies named in name the price.

They told me it will be from companies shown in name the price even though these companies are shown NA in publicized rates.The name the price rental companies keep special quota for convertible which is not applicable for publicized rate.

Hence I have dropped the idea for bidding at PRICELINE at this time.I don't want to get stuck with pt cruiser where I was expecting at least sebring convertible if not mustang convertible.

Admin I really appreciate your help,time,effort and I am sorry this exercise ended up with nothing.

Its my observation ,I may be wrong that car rental section is not very active ,You were the lone warrior in replying.

PS: I have adding a special note about benefits of your site on my website .

Go Wolverines!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]