Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MSG-Convention) Affinia Manhattan

dave80
By dave80,
in

Hi all,

I've been trying for about three weeks now to win a 3.5* or 4* in the TS/MTW area for a range between $110 & $180/night ex taxes (via BetterBidding PRICELINE links). The travel dates are Tuesday 10/13 to Saturday 10/17 - I've searched google and a few NYC calendars and it doesn't appear to be a special day or have any particular festivals etc but damn it's expensive!

Am I bidding too early or should I wait another six weeks? Ideally I'd like a 3.5* for $125/ex or 4* $150/ex however I'm starting to get the feeling this may be unrealistic.

So far my plan has been to include a number of zones including the above plus Midtown East, Chelsea & Madison Square, all with no result.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is generally an espensive time in NYC. If you use the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and look at these dates, but for 2008, you'll see that most wins are somewhat higher than the $180 you've bid.

With the abve noted, the hotel market still remains week, and i don't think i would panic 3 months ahead of this stay. Is there a reason you're not including the MTE, CPS and/or ESB zones in your bidding... including these zones would increase the number of potential properties which could accept your bid.

Have you bid up to $180 for a 3.5* as well? (or just for a 4* at that price) Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? What is the best deal you're able to find to use as a cancellable back-up?

Thank you for continuing to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am traveling 10/17-10/20 and did not think that these dates would be that difficult, but oh my goodness.... I finally lowered my standards to a 2 star and got The Wellington at $125. Most sites rate this a 3 star hotel, and the pics I have seen on trip advisor taken from people do not look bad, and the location is fantastic. I myself tried up to 165 on the 4 and 3.5 stars and finally just got sick of it kept dropping my star levels. Finally I dropped down to 2 star and started bidding up from there for MTW, CPS, and TS. Finally got that at 125. For the convenience and location I'm not complaining. It is a no frills hotel though, but all I need is a clean place to stay, and it seems to fit the bill. Good luck with your bidding.

Rimmit,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when scanning the topic title on the board, and also we can have your win appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I found some accommodation but it definitely wasn't as cheap as I had hoped.... This was my first bidding experience via Priceline/BetterBidding so thank you to all.

$125 @ Midtown East - rejected

$137 @ Madison Square - rejected

$150 @ Midtown West - rejected

$160 @ Central Park - rejected

$175 @ Times Square - accepted

3.5* Affinia Manhattan @ MSG between 10/13/09 & 10/16/09 @ $175 ex taxes :)

(Part of me does feel I paid too much but it's less than retail so I shouldn't be complaining lol)

Cheers

Congratualtions on your success!

This property has a great location right in front of Penn Station which has multiple subway lines to get you around the city, more subways one aveneu east, and it's walkable to Times Square as well.

Reviews at this property are generally very good, although there have been a few recent reports of PRICELINE customers getting a handful of the very small rooms they have. Try to turn on your charm at check-in to avoid these rooms, or if assigned one of these, see if you can get an upgrade.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]