CA San Francisco Palace Hotel SOMA-Moscone Center

BeritOlam
By BeritOlam,
in

My wife and I stayed here our honeymoon night back in the Summer of '07. We wanted an old 'classic' hotel right in the heart of the Market District, and this one filled the bill.

I booked a nice room for about $270/nt on line, then contacted the hotel manager ahead of time and explained our situation....the wedding night and all.

When we arrived Saturday evening, we were pretty swamped from all the wedding hoopla. The staff treated us like kings and queens. Unbeknown to me, they upgraded us (free of charge!!!!) to one of their Presidential Suites. Normally these babies go for $1100+ a night....and we didn't have to pay a cent.

The tub felt SO good!!! Some of the room could have been updated a bit, but all of the old-world charm was still there. [The website now makes it sound like they've upgraded things since 2007.] Being right on the corner overlooking Market St. was a delight.

Our only regret was that we had to be out of there by 8am to catch our plane to Hawaii. I wish we had booked a later flight so we could have enjoyed our room (and the hotel) more.

TIP: Be sure to check out the courtyard buffet. Expensive, yes, but it's a grand feast. And what a room!! I'd have no problem putting it right up there with the Bellagio's breakfast buffet in Vegas in terms of quality, and even better ambiance.

Definitely, we would have no problem staying there again!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]