Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Metropolitan Hotel

bigfurball
By bigfurball,
in

I'm looking for 2 nights beginning Nov. 5th. Either 3* or 4*. Zones in order of preference include MTE, MTW, UM/CPS, UWS, UES. Currently, I have no back up plans. I'm fairly committed to staying in the city so it is hard to say what my maximum bid is, but let's say $250. Please let me know what you think my bidding strategy should be? Thanks

Ok, start a bid at $170 for 4* in UM/CPS, if rejected, go to $180 and add MTW, if rejected, go to $199 and add UES, and finally, to $225 and add MTE

If you get rejected by all, then start a new request at 3*, using the same dollar amounts. You might want to make sure that the zones are in the order of your favorite first, etc. I love UM/CPS, and MTE isn't bad, and UES. Make sure you are ok with any of the 3* hotels on the list that may come up.

I recently got the Park Central, which is 3* in UM/CPS, and while reviews are mixed, I thought it was fine, and enjoyed my stay there.

Good luck!

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones, at 3* you have one re-bid zone.

This is how i would proceed:

Selelct 4* MTE and...

Bid $200, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $215, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $250.

If that fails then i would try the following for 3*:

Selelct 3* MTW and...

Bid $200, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $215, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $250.

Based upon current prices i'm not overly optimistic :)

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This will be hard since just last week I bid for all these at about up to 225 max (now it should be even more). Due to the Marathon Weekend, the rates are awfully high for this weekend... I would suggest checking QUIKBOOK rates and then seeing what u can get from there and then start bids at about 225 at least IMO (alot are sold out!!!!)

welll..... I found the Martinique for 268 a night, crowne plaza 325, paramount 326, San Carlos 329.... all the others that WERE left were too expensive so I left those out.... Check these hotels and rates and see if hotwire might have these for cheaper and then bid based on that (keep in mind this weekend is in high demand.... even the JC hotels are almost completely gone!!!!!!)

Good grief. I crunched the numbers again to see what my "dropout" bid would be given costs to cancel trip (airfare penalties, etc.) and decided to bid higher. Went through all the 4* possibilities except Downtown/Soho and bid up to $295 with no luck. Started 3* bid at $225, then $275 and finally $305 before accepted--Metropolitan Hotel. Will definately check hotel situation before booking airfare next time. Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear you at least had some success.... this is in the MTE zone?

As always, i highly recommend Ess-A-Bagel on Third Ave near 51st St for breakfast which is very close to this hotel... counter service with tables available for you to sit at once picking up your order.

Here is a REVIEW of this property as well as HERE.

Definately try to stay in town to see the Marathon... it's a good and (for some reason) moving experience. Don't forget to plan accordingly if you're leaving town during or after the marathon... traffic will be bad with many streets closed/diverted.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]