Priceline Hotel: 11/11 to 11/15 bidding help needed

Kelownatraveller
By Kelownatraveller,
in

It's $140 plus tax. I've bid up to $125 for 4* MTE, TS, no luck. After seeing a winning bid for 3* CPS for $122 for one of the dates I'm looking at I tried $122 for CPS 3* and was offered a re-bid for $22 more so I'm assuming I could get the Park Central for $144. I did not finish the bid as I wanted to see what other options I had. Is the Wednesday 11th a holiday in the US like it is for us in British Columbia?

November 11 is not a Holiday here in the States.

This is a busy time of year in Manhattan and based upon current rates i'm doubtful $140 will be enough for a 4* hotel. However, is there a reason you're only choosing the MTE and TS zoes at this star rating... are there 4* hotels in the other midtown zones you're trying to avoid?

Also, is there a reason to go from 4* to 3* without first trying 3.5*? As i mention above, rates are currently high for these dates, so not sure if you'd be successful at $140 or less for a 3.5*, but i'd at least being giving it a try before i resorted to a 3* property.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No reason for the zones. I'm open to any zone you think is good for a 1st time visitor to NY. We would prefer to be somewhere near where all the action is. I also agree that I should try a 3.5* before a 3*, I wasn't trying to avoid any particular hotel, again unless you would suggest I do. I really appreciate the help you're giving. I've used Priceline a number of times for previous trips to other US cities, but NY is a little more challenging to plan correctly.

I will definately use PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin my travel purchases.

Just about any of the midtown locations with 4* properties (MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, ESB) works fine for the average visitors needs.

At the 4* level you hae FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, and CPS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS and ESB...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As noted above, rates are expensive this time of year, so i'm not surprised by your $140 rejection.

Your choices come down to:

-SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID (don't think it will help very much at the moment)

-lower your star rating

-raise your maximum bid for a 4*

-wait it out and hope for lower rated between now and your stay

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Checked Hotwire and found 3* Midtown Central for $149/night.

Ammenities are :

Fitness Centre

Pool

Restaurant

High Speed Internet

This looks like the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th St.

The advantage to Hotwire is that I do need 2 beds in each room, however, do you think I would get a better property through Priceline bidding for either a 3 or 3.5* for $149/night? Looks like 4* is probably a no-go.

I would book through HOTWIRE link.

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but given this additional information, i'd question if PRICELINE will meet your needs...

If you get a 'better' hotel but there is only one bed in the room and there is no room for a rollaway (NYC hotel rooms can be that small)... is it a better deal given that you need a room with two beds? :)

Do you need 2 beds because you're more than double occupancy or because there are two people who would each like separate beds?

In some cities booking one room via PRICELINE may be an acceptable risk... it's not really advisable in NYC due to the notoriously small room size and high proportion of one bedded rooms (many of which don't have any space for a rollaway)

Let us know how it ultimately goes and please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]