hotwire car rental size - confused

mjaf
By mjaf,
in

hi folks,

i'm hoping you can help me out ...

my sister rented a car from hotwire (upon glowing recommendations from me!) ... she's not on this forum so i told her i would post this on her behalf...

she rented a "mid-size" car (pontiac G6 or similar - according to hotwire) in vancouver. the provider ended up being Enterprise. when she went to the Enterprise counter, they offered her a chevy cobalt or nissan versa. these are SIGNIFICANTLY smaller vehicles than a pontiac g6. i know hotwire says they can't guarantee a specific make/model but this seems a little ridiculous because it appears that Enterprise totally 'downsized' her rental. and of course, there were four fully grown adults on this trip and the car (she went with the cobalt) was more than a little cramped!

is there anything that can be done about this? i don't think my sis wants a full refund since they used the car and were able to get from point A to point B without any MAJOR issues. but her and her friends are feeling more than a little ripped off after their long weekend!

Enterprise's website does not seem to display a "mid-size" category. they have an intermediate category (not available on hotwire) ... in which the cobalt is listed. however, according to Enterprise, the pontiac G6 is classified as a "standard" car.

this seems really confusing -- i.e. how to gauge what hotwire is telling you vs. what the rental company actually offers.

any thoughts on if anything can be done? and/or how to avoid this next time? i've used hotwire three times for rental cars in the US and have never had ANY issues ... to be honest, i'm a little embarrassed because my sis was planning to just rent directly with one of the providers and i was the one who convinced her to go with hotwire. and while she saved a few bucks (the same car rental was about $70 more expensive on Enterprise's website), i'm not sure if it was worth it.

TIA for your help/advice.

mjaf

my sister rented a car from hotwire (upon glowing recommendations from me!) ... she's not on this forum so i told her i would post this on her behalf...

Any chance of helping others by posting the details of the win on her behalf as well? From Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Thanks! :)

my sister rented a car from hotwire (upon glowing recommendations from me!)
It sounds as if you're a user/advocate of the opaque providers, assuming you've made any purchases in the last year, it would be appreciated if you shared your own wins with the board as well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]