Booking 5 days, 1 day at a time?

scrabblegirl
By scrabblegirl,
in

Hi there,

This is really a Hotwire question, not an Orlando question so I hope I've posted in the right place.

I was researching Universal Orlando hotels hoping for the Doubletree Universal or Doubletree Castle. After reading your site, I think I've found the listing for Doubletree Universal. When I entered dates for my whole trip (8/9-8/14) it says that it is $57 dollars a night. If I put in some of those dates in any combination, it is always $54 dollars a night, even if I research each day individually. Why would individual nights be cheaper than booking 5 nights in a row?

Has anyone ever booked one night to try and see if they'd get the hotel they wanted and then booked the rest? Will Hotwire prevent me from booking additional nights like that?

Thanks!

I really don't think you would save any money that way, as with each new transaction, you would be charged new taxes and fees. It would actually cost less to do one transaction - taxes will be the same but you'd only pay one HW fee.

I can't imagine why it would be cheaper to book individual nights. But it seems there might also be the chance it's a different hotel? Or you might get a different hotel in the process...?

Gallus50 is right; once you factor in HOTWIRE's fee on each purchase (about $7, I think), it would be more expensive to book each night separately. Also note that the Doubletree Universal and the Crowne Plaza Universal have been reported with the same amenities. In fact, when I tried the search for 8/13-8/14, the 3.5* hotel that came up in the Universal Orlando zone had TripAdvisor information that was consistent with the Crowne Plaza, but not the Doubletree. So it's quite possible that you're not seeing the same hotel each time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]