Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Red Lion Airport

Helsinki Gooner
By Helsinki Gooner,
in

Welcome to the site.

Hotels price rooms as they see fit, taking into account inventory, profit margin and other factors. Given that hotels price as they see fit and not solely on what other hotels are doing, it's not unusual for price variations between star ratings.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase, and let us know if we can be of further help.

Hi,

Just had a low-balled $30 bid rejected for the 3-star hotel range (highest range for these dates at Seatac).

I will try again tomorrow and update as necessary.

One question I had though, is whether the bid will determine which hotel you receive? Basically, if I was to start out bidding at for example $70, would I get a better hotel? Compared to my low-ball method I am currently embarking on, in which i plan on slowly increasing the bid until it is accepted. The reason I ask, is b/c the 3 stars winning bids have been for both the Hiton as well as Double-Tree....though after reviewing tripadvisor, both seem to be quite good quality.

also used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links! will update the post till i win.

D

I don't see any reason to be bidding this early unless you've already committed a lot of money to this trip and don't mind losing a little more should your plans unexpectedly change. It's not very difficult to get a hotel room in the Seattle Airport area, especially during the low season. If you want to continue bidding anyway, don't get carried away; I wouldn't go any higher than $40.

Hi-

Thanks for the feedback - and I decided to stick to the low-ball with small increment increases...i have the time, so why not.

Basically, ya, I've already booked the flights for my honeymoon in December, so there's little-to-no chance that i'll be missing this one...as long as all goes well at the altar :)

We're only going to stay for one night at the airport, and flying south the next day to a nice resort. But, if anyone knows the best way to get the best possible place for this one night, then that'd be much appreciated!

I looked at what people have had for the 3.5 star wins on hotwire, and those included the Sheraton and doubletree (i think)...so i'm thinking this is the best option...but any others will be welcome.

oh yeah, just had bids of $32 and $34 rejected. Funny thing was that after the $34 bid, i was given the opportunity to bid again, for the same area and star-level, if i upped my bid by $9. That would have been a $43 bid - and based on what others have won with, would probably do it. all the same, i'm going to keep slowly increasing.

D

Ok - so I had bids of $36, $38 and $39 rejected, and then tonight had a winning $40 accepted for the Red Lion Hotel...$53 all taxes included.

Not really sure what to think of this one - compared with the Hilton and Doubletree being in the same range, I'd rather have 'won' one of those rather than this....however I am basing my criticism on tripadvisor for the doubletree, and reputation for the hilton. However, the doubletree is supposed to not have the best shuttle service in the morning (massive hotel = high demand for morning shuttle) whereas the red-lion seems to both be closer and have good reviews for that. So it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise...but, being the start of the honeymoon (before a morning flight south) like i said, don't know if I'm happy or a little dissapointed.

I suppose the option would have been to pay a little more ($40) on hotwire to guarantee a doubletree/hilton, but oh well - the old red lion should serve it's purpose :)

I suppose it is the time of year (as in around now many people are getting the doubletree hotel) rather than price bid that determines which hotel you receive?

I'm actually typing this at the Red Lion Airport hotel. It's very nice, nothing special but a clean good hotel. Very friendly staff and some rooms even have a view of a small lake on the back side. Only complaint is pop corn ceiling in the rooms, but that's no biggie.

Congrats with your stay and good luck with the wedding.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]