Priceline Hotel: 3* Waikiki South - Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

alohagirl
By alohagirl,
in

Aloha Girl,

Welcome to the board.

It seems to me that Priceline recently reconfigured their Waikiki zones from East/West to North/South.

Could you comment if the zones have actually been redrawn/redefined with new boundaries, or did they simply rename the East Zone--> South and rename the West Zone--> North.

If you know the area, can you look HERE at Priceline Hotel by City and comment as to which area the prior East/West hotels now fall into?

Thanks for any input and insight you can offer as to the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It seems to me that Priceline recently reconfigured their Waikiki zones from East/West to North/South.

Could you comment if the zones have actually been redrawn/redefined with new boundaries, or did they simply rename the East Zone--> South and rename the West Zone--> North.

Renaming the zones is exactly what Priceline did, although I'm not sure if the geographic boundaries were modified. We'll just have to wait and see as everyone posts their winning bids.

I contacted PL and here is Priceline's response:

"We understand that you wish to know if we have redifined the zones for Waikiki Beach or

simply renamed the East Zone as South and the West Zone as North.

For your convenience, we've broken down many major cities into more

manageable zones, and provided maps on our website indicating where each

zone starts and ends. We are constantly updating our maps depending on

feedback, and hence are unable to determine if the map for Waikiki has

been changed or redefined." :)

That sounds typical for Priceline -- home of the world's worst customer service.

Of course, a couple months ago, I e-mailed Amazon to find out which edition they were selling of a guidebook (a new edition had just been released), and they couldn't tell me.

And Amazon has a reputation for good service!

FWIW, having just returned from that zone, N/S makes no sense for Waikiki. It is a thin East/West strip.

A great deal with the bonus money, too. 40 bucks for a decent hotel on Waikiki is a steal. I stayed there on my trip and got my money's worth (see review). The only concern is some people have experienced this "bad tower" thing, but that did not happen to me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]