Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown) The Pan Pacific

ysk
By ysk,
in

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to bid on a 4* hotel in either Downtown Vancouver or Downtown Vancouver South. My check in date is Thursday July 30th and my check out date is Monday August 3rd.

-Any suggestions on bidding prices? How low should I go?!

-Not sure when I should start bidding. Is it better to bid closer to my travel dates to get an accepted bid?

-Also, what's my better bet for a winning bid - Downtown Vancouver or Downtown Vancouver South?

Please advise!

Yasmeen

Hi Yasmeen,

I tried a few times yesterday and today on PRICELINE for Downtown Vancouver. I needed two rooms from 07/09-07/14.

I started at $70 and went to $90 on 4*+. On my last try at $90, I added 3.5* I received a counter offer at $116. I didn't think it was worth it so I booked on HOTWIRE. Pacific Palisades at $78 and Westin Bayshore at $131. Just couldn't swing a deal on PRICELINE.

To answer your questions:

I started low; why not as you can always work up.

I wish I had stared earlier, maybe I would have got the deal, but with only a week to go it was a no go.

Didn't look at Vancouver South.

Good luck,

Ted

Welcome to BetterBidding!

-Any suggestions on bidding prices? How low should I go?!
If you let us know your maximum bid (and which zone(s) you decide upon) we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.
-Not sure when I should start bidding. Is it better to bid closer to my travel dates to get an accepted bid?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
-Also, what's my better bet for a winning bid - Downtown Vancouver or Downtown Vancouver South?
Most users bid the Downtown (not South) zone but you should determine what you'd like to be doing on this trip and decide which works best for your own needs.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advise so far.

My maximum bid for Downtown Vancouver would be $90 a night

My maximum bid for Downtown Vancouver South would be $90 a night as well.

Please advise on a strategy!

I was thinking to start bidding today and start at $70??

Yasmeen

So either zone is equally acceptable?

If so, at the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown South...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and Downtown South...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok so I initially got confused about adding a rebid zone but I got the hang of it and I got a winning bid of $100 a night at the 4* Pan Pacific Hotel in downtown Vancouver!

Thanks so much!

I'm really happy considering rooms go for at least $260CDN on their website! :)

Started at $50 and wanted my maximum bid to be $90 but ended up going to $100. I'm somewhat happy with the price considering the hotel's rates on their website. This is my first time using Priceline and I now have a better idea of trying to get a better price when bidding the next time.

I used the PRICELINE links available on this website and will defiantly use Better Bidding's link's in the future!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I'm seeing a lowest rate of $285 on the hotel website for these dates, so this would certainly seem like a very good deal to me.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]