Priceline Hotel: 4* Baltimore (Inner Harbor-Downtown) Renaissance Harborplace

1Train
By 1Train,
in

This is my first post and thanks to this site for helping with the bidding process. Yesterday, I bid $65 for 4* Baltimore (Inner Harbor-Downtown) 8/09/09-8/11/09 was rejected and asked to bid $17 higher, which I did and was happy to receive Renaissance Harborplace for $82. The cheapest I've seen this hotel was for $149, which required a non-refundable advance purchase thru the Marriot website before July 1st. Rates are now close to $300. Yesterday on Hotwire there was the same or similar property for $99 (2 Adults 2 Children; or 4 adults) and $92 for 2 adults. Although I need two beds, I will probably wait until check-in to make the request. Does it make a difference to make a request in advance? Will bring sleeping bags for kids just in case.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

We're glad to hear the information here was helpful with your bidding.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi 1Train,

I just posted a similar experience for this hotel as far as the bidding process. We will be staying over 7/15/09. Read my priceline hotel win post regarding requesting bed arrangements through this hotel. The thing is, they were perfectly willing to help me at the onset, it was just as soon as they found I had booked through Priceline that they would not help me, and in fact became what can only be called rude through the direct hotel number. I told them I realized that I could not be guaranteed any sort of bed arrangement, just wanted it requested ahead of time so as to try to accommodate me. The girl at the hotel's direct number became very rude, stating that that is what I get for booking through Priceline and I should be happy with the price I got. Hung up with her and called the Mariott 800 number. Again, perfectly willing to help until they found out I had booked through Priceline. This time the person was not rude, just stated that she could not even access my reservation and that anything through Priceline is "locked" to them to even add a note for a request of any kind and insisted only Priceline could help me. I called Priceline, they thought it was very odd, had never heard of such a thing, and called the hotel directly while I waited on the other line. Priceline was able to get them to put a note for check in regarding bed request and to check for availability of upgrades. He said all he did was call the number and she was able to help. So much for the reservation info being "locked!"

In terms of making a bed request, I would call the hotel and politely ask. Best case scenario, you get someone who is willing to work with you and put in a request (although that is just a "request", not a guarantee), worst case you get told no. If you get told no, I'd try to ask again at check-in. It may depend on the person and the day.

However, PRICELINE does not guarantee 2 beds and you may not be able to secure a room with two beds.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]