Priceline Hotel: 4 Star Hotel in Paris Opera Quarter 8/6 - 8/10

DoctorM
By DoctorM,
in

Have you tried the "Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins" just above?

Also, just searching on Paris (search box also above), sometimes can give you some insight.

Another simple way is to just enter your dates in HOTWIRE. Generally one can do just a little better via a PRICELINE bid (maybe 10%??). At least it will give you a cap for your bidding (always allowing a little for the fact that Hotwire ratings can be more generous than PL ratings).

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see a list of hotels reported to the board in this zone by looking in the Priceline Hotel List.

If you're ready to bid, let us know your maximum bid, and if this is the only zone you're willing to accept, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see a list of hotels reported to the board in this zone by looking in the Priceline Hotel List.

If you're ready to bid, let us know your maximum bid, and if this is the only zone you're willing to accept, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I am only interested in the opera area but I am not sure what a reasonable bid would be. Perhaps up to $150.

When you say the opera quarter, do you mean the Priceline zones for both Opera Quarter East and Opera Quarter West?

Note that 4* hotels in Opera Quarter West can be quite a distance from the opera house, although the 4* hotels in Opera Quarter East will all be reasonably close. Maybe you don't care specifically about the opera house, but I thought I would ask.

Look at the Priceline bidding area zones again (you won't see this list until you are actually in the bidding area):

1 Bastille - Bercy

2 Batignolles - Montmartre - Republique

3 Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West

4 Eiffel Tower - Port De Versailles - Montparnasse

5 La Defense - Neuilly

6 Opera Quarter East - Les Halles

7 St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse

3 is West, 6 East. Sort of lost in the rest of the titles.

Romelle

DoctorM,

If you're not seeing the zones posted by Romelle above, are you perhaps looking at the "retail" version of PRICELINE? If you enter "PARIS" and your dates in the search box on the top right corner of the board, do you then see the zones above? (the search box goes directly to the 'bidding' section of PRICELINE)

Assuming you do see the above, take a look at the map on to the rigth of the zone and the boundaries of the "Opera Quarter East - Les Halles" zone... note that it includes Les Halles as well, and not just Opera Quarter East. Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

DoctorM,

If you're not seeing the zones posted by Romelle above, are you perhaps looking at the "retail" version of PRICELINE? If you enter "PARIS" and your dates in the search box on the top right corner of the board, do you then see the zones above? (the search box goes directly to the 'bidding' section of PRICELINE)

Assuming you do see the above, take a look at the map on to the rigth of the zone and the boundaries of the "Opera Quarter East - Les Halles" zone... note that it includes Les Halles as well, and not just Opera Quarter East. Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone?

I see it now. I think I want to be closer to the Opera House then the map border. Does anyone know what 4 star hotels have been placed recently?

I see it now. I think I want to be closer to the Opera House then the map border. Does anyone know what 4 star hotels have been placed recently?

Now, go to the "Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins" - center of screen and a little above the middle. Click on it, and follow the procedure. You will be able to see wins for Paris for dates of choice.

Alternatively, use the Search - higher up on the screen, right hand side by Help. Search on Paris and you will see all sorts of information.

Romelle

You can also enter "PARIS" in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue bannear at the top of the page and see all related threads for Paris... enter PARIS OPERA QUARTER EAST and see all related threads for just that particular zone.

However, i'll caution that just because a certain hotel or hotel(s) have been appearing more than others recently, doesn't mean that you'll necessary receive one of those... every 'trend' of a hotel being won starts with the first win, yours could be that win :)

You can also enter "PARIS" in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue bannear at the top of the page and see all related threads for Paris... enter PARIS OPERA QUARTER EAST and see all related threads for just that particular zone.

DoctorM,

The search thereuare recommended will work better for you than the one I recommended. I went back and checked. I'd guess the computer logic on Quick City Search gives you all postings where the city is in the title of a post. That tends to limit it to reported wins and reviews. The search I recommended gives more just plain junk since I think it gives all posts where the city was mentioned anywhere.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]