Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

andrewy
By andrewy,
in

I have never been to Chicago, and will be going from July 26 - July 29, 2009. I'm not familiar with the area, so I have no idea where to try and bid. I would like to get the "Chicago experience", whatever that is... really see the city. I've seen quite a few wins in the Millenium Loop Grant Park area... is that nice? Or, is the NMA River North area better?

Here's my bidding goals - I would like to be in a nice area, close to sights and attractions. I would like to get a 4*, anywhere from $40-65. Is that realistic?

What area should I aim for, and what strategy would you suggest? Thank you so very much!!!

-Andrew

Welcome to the site.

A 4* for $40-55 is definitely not going to be realistic for the downtown area, but $60-65 may be able to squeak by for a 4* in either of the two downtown areas - River North/North Michigan Ave or Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park. Both areas are quite nice, although the River North/NMA area has more in the way of nightlife. Each area has its pros/cons (Millennium Park is closer to museums, but has less going on at night; River North/NMA is farther from museums, but has more shopping and nightlife), but one can quite easily walk from one end of one area to the other - they are not far apart.

River North/NMA is also generally a bit more expensive, and you are more likely to be accepted in the $60-65 range for a hotel in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park zone. However, I would try bidding for both zones in the $60 and see if you're able to luck out at that price.

Please use the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase.

Hi- I can help a little. As a tourist, we prefer the NMA-River North area as a 1st choice. Reason, I'd hope to be within walking distance of the El (subway), which can get you almost anywhere.

My 2nd choice would be Millinium, Loop Grant Park- which has it's own advantages. (close to Millinium Park for cheap overnite parking if you have a car)

I'm new to bidding, but we just got a room in the Hyatt Regency- Millinium, loop, grant park zone , and had been turned down for that same price in the NMA river north zone. $62. Sept 5&6.

Both of these areas would be centrally located for a tourist.

Chicago Transit Authority has a website with maps that they will mail to you.

Thank you all so much for your help! From everything I've been hearing, I'd be happy with either the River North/NMA or the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park zones. So, those are the two that I would be willing to accept, and ideally would like to pay a maximum of $65 per night. I would be willing to go higher if absolutely necessary, but I have quite a few days of bidding available so it shouldn't be an issue splitting up the bid days.

What bidding strategy would you suggest?

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Loop and NMA...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, I bid up to 65 on NMA, and did not win. You were all right on the money with the area being much more expensive.

Started again at Millinium Park, bid 55, no win.

Added NMA at 57, no win.

Added Lincoln Park at 59, BID ACCEPTED! at the Hyatt Regency Chicago

From what I see, this is a great hotel, right on the River, and close to everything!

I also made sure to use your PRICELINE link! Thank you all for your help!

Best,

-Andrew

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Certainly a fantastic deal for this centrally located property. If you're looking for a good, quick bite to eat, there's a Corner Bakery a couple of blocks West on Wacker (on Wacker, just past the corner of Michigan & Wacker.)

Using the site's PRICELINE link is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]