Priceline Hotel: 4* St Louis (Downtown) Marriott Union Station

illiniman
By illiniman,
in

I had been watching the MO board for quite some time before placing my bid. It does seem that rooms go for much less a week or two before travelling dates, so you do have plenty of time.

That being said, check to make sure there's nothing going on in town the weekend you'll be there (conventions, etc.), and periodically check hotel availability (on the hotels' actual websites) for that date, as well. You may find that hotels are booked up (at least the cheap rooms) for your date. In that case, it may be difficult for you to get a room at a lower bid.

I have been trying since April to book a 4* hotel in Downtown St. Louis. from 17 to 19 September. Even at 95$ (which was way above what I intended to bid when I started, but sometimes you get impatient :) ) my offer was rejected. I hope you're right that prices lower as September approaches. I would like to have a 4* at a maximum of 79$.

How can you see if there are major conventions in St. Louis? I googled it three times, but could not find a good site...

Needless to say I used the PRICELINE link for all my attempts and will continue to do so. I will share my (hopefully) winning bid in a different thread.

merluza,

I don't know of a good convention calendar for St Louis, but if you do need help with your own stay or would like us to take a closer look at your dates, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Been trying almost everyday since I started this thread (July 7th), using all rebid zones except Clayton (it appears to be the only zone other than downtown with a 4* option). Finally had $54 bid accepted tonight on my first bid (downtown 4*). Recieved Union Station Marriott.

Very Happy with the result.

Used the PRICELINE links from this board each time.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a nice deal and only $3 more than you had originally bid when you started over a week ago.

Glad to see you're happy with the outcome and this property will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]