Priceline Hotel: Advise with booking hotel in quebec city

fabianhdz
By fabianhdz,
in

Around 10 days ago I was trying to book a hotel in Quebec City through Priceline, I didnt care much about the stars, just wanted to be central. I didnt really analize the section called "Quebec" so I ended up with a hotel that is FAR away from downtown Quebec (Quality Suites, for $45 located close to La galerie de la capital). After realizing of this awful mistake, I called almost immediately, trying to get something out of it (i'm aware that there's no refunds but i still wanted to try), and they offered me to cancel the reservation minus $25 dollars of penalty, and the rest would be used for another reservation with them. In case I can't get any hotel, they would still cancel my hotel and give me nothing in return. I said i would decide later, and that's something i can do up until 1 day before my trip....So, I don't mind paying the 25 penalty fee (considering that in that hotel i would be paying aroun 100 dollars in taxis just to get around), but I want to know how can I do to try to get a better deal next time, due that the quebec area is way too big, so i cant really choose downtown.

My budget would be around 50-70 dollars , and it has to be somewhere in downtown quebec. I've seen people getting good deals for june and july within my range and even cheaper, but not for august. So, should i bid again or do you think its impossible to get something reasonable with my budget?

Thanks!

In similar situations in the past i belive the user is usually able to bid for a new hotel, and if successful, then have the credit (less cancellation fee) applied... can you confirm if you can bid first and then (if successful) accept their cancellation offer?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You mention that you would be spending $100.00 in taxi fares. I lived in the Quebec city area for a year and I can attst that Quebec a very good bus system. It probaly would not be necessary to take taxis at all...you can usually get to the Old city by bus quite easily. This is just another option you might consider if your bidding process doesn't go well.

You mention that you would be spending $100.00 in taxi fares. I lived in the Quebec city area for a year and I can attst that Quebec a very good bus system. It probaly would not be necessary to take taxis at all...you can usually get to the Old city by bus quite easily. This is just another option you might consider if your bidding process doesn't go well.

Thanks a lot for the tip!

I have been to quebec city myself, and I do agre there is a bus system in place, but apparently from downtown to this hotel it would take 55 minutes, 2 buses.....according to Trajecto I think for the price of this hotel, its OK. I just wish i could have gotten a better area, we would spend 4 hours in a bus (considering 4 rides), and since we are staying there for just 1 day, I didnt think it was practical. Maybe i can balance 2 taxis and 2 buses rides, to lower the costs...

I kept calling Priceline in order to know more about the option they gave me before, and after soo many calls, i finally got to understand that they only do this when you enter the wrong area..So, if i want to receive a partial refund for a new hotel, it would have to be another area. Which leaves me Beauport (only 2 an 1 stars) and Saint Fois (which can be even further).

What are the hotels in Beauport? At this point, all I care is the location, so my question would be...is this area a bit better by bus than the previous one?

Current hotel: quality hotel

1600 rue Bouvier, Quebec City, Quebec G2K 1N8, Canada

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]