Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) W Seatlle

overseastar
By overseastar,
in

Hi! I previously booked a room at the Sheraton Seattle with HOTWIRE and it turned out to be Sheraton. We recently found out that we are going to need an extra room. I've been checking Hotwire for the past 3 days and it seems like the 5 amenities they have listed fit either Westin or Sheraton.

Amenities listed: Fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, high-speed internet access.

We really want to stay in the same hotel, and I guess ideally we want to see the 4 amenities listed in order to have a higher chance of getting the Sheraton again. So I guess my question is, how often do they update the hotel on Hotwire?

HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone... the one with the lowest price is offered. So to see a 'new' hotel offered, you'd need the current hotel shown to sell all their invetory at this price, pull down their current inventory, raise the price of their inventory, or have another hotel offer hotels lower than the price of the current offering.

Best guess is that the hotel you're currently being offered is the Westin.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Current amenities listing:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

So possibility of Westin or Sheraton...is it ever possible that since they couldn't sell out of the hotel using the 5-icon amenities for Westin (for the past week or two) that they decided to change it to the 4-icon one for the chance to sell faster?

I don't think the number of icons, 4 or 5, has anything to do with the thought process of their ability to sell rooms at the hotel faster or slower (and if it did, why not just use the 'faster' combination all the time :) ).... or maybe i'm not understanding your question corretly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2nd room booked ($126 per night), the price is pretty high but after observing for a week with the same amenities listed and the price going up to $139 per night, I snatched the chance to grab it at $126 since our trip is only 2 weeks away.

A bit disappointed with the result though as we were expecting Westin or Sheraton with the amenities as followed:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

However, the hotel ended up to be W Seattle Hotel, which I don't think it was previously listed with the above amenities. There was no boutique icon listed.

Moderator, can you update the price and hotel name in the title and subtitle of this thread? Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]