Priceline confusion...charged and didn't know about purchase!

snewsie
By snewsie,
in

I do a lot of bidding on both Hotwire and Priceline and am familiar with both for the most part. I recently booked 2 nights in Hilton Head. I needed another two nights so after having not bid in a month or two...I figure I better get booking. In the mean time, I found a charge on my credit card...I called customer service and they tell me it was for a stay in Hilton Head on May 27th. I live in Chicago and am not traveling until July! WHAT????

I open the account they tell me it was booked under and there is only ONE transaction in my trip history. It's the bid that I 'attempted' to win but was declined. Nothing else shows up but she gives me a booking number and says it was done and charged....sorry.

I know mistakes can happen, but I TRULY believe something is fishy about this.....I have no recollection of making the bid for May (when I had no intention of going in May) and secondly....it doesn't even come up in my 'history' of attempts and purchases. ?????

The C/S rep told me there was nothing she could do...since it's under my husbands account I needed to talk to him and ask if he was there on that day. (insinuating something not good). It's my husbands account but is handled by me as he has no interest in PRICELINE or HOTWIRE...I do the travel booking.

Am I SOL or does this happen more often than not? I feel like it was done ' inadvertently' as a scam.

Thanks....totally bummed that I paid $107 for a hotel visit I had no clue about!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]