Priceline Hotel: Marietta Bidding Help

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

I have to be in the Marietta area for a conference Nov 16th - 19th, 2 rooms (area hotels posted below).

The Conference is at the Renaissance Waverly but I haven't seen that come up anywhere and that's ok if we're not in there.

My ideal hotel would be the Sheraton Suites Galleria and I've seen it on the board here once at $50 which makes me think it isn't available that often. The Marietta Conf Ctr and Resort (4*) is too far away and I've seen it go for $58.

From research here and elsewhere, it appears the Hyatt Regency Suites are easily available in the $30 - $35 range so that's my last choice if I have to make it.

I'm looking for a bidding strategy that might help me get the Sheraton Suites Galleria.

Atlanta (Marietta)

4* Marietta Conference Center and Resort REVIEW - recent $58 bid

3* Hyatt Regency Suites Perimeter Northwest - recent $30 - $35 bids

3* Sheraton Suites Galleria - recent $50 bid

2.5* Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites REVIEW

2* Homestead Studio Suites

thx for any assistance.

B.

I've been looking at this for a while now.

Before proceeding, i assume price is more important than location? I ask because the AmeriSuites seems to be available for $71/nite and from what i can tell only a quarter mile from where you need/want to be.

If the AmeriSuites isn't a vialbe alternative, i'll suggest a strategy, but i'll also state that there is a fair amount of risk in trying to target a specific hotel in an area such as this with many properties.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It boils down to this:

Based upon the information you posted, let's assume $50 is needed to have a shot at the Sheraton Galleria. If you bid $50 and it's not available, there is a very good chance that you will end up at the Hyatt (or similar) and have overpaid by $15/nite (x 2 rooms x 2 nites = $60 too much). If you bid $35, then apparently you aren't even giving yourself a chance at the Sheraton.

I tried various dates/room configuarations with Hotwire also to see if i could get the Sheraton to appear but have been unsuccessful.

I guess my comment above about a lot of risk was implying that i wouldn't be bidding this if my hope/assumption was to get the Sheraton... because it's not likely without risking an overbid. As well, there are lots of hotels in this area, so there is even a chance you get something other than the Hyatt.

I would probably concede the likelihood of the Hyatt and bid low.

Interesting to note that in the Vacation Packages the Sheraton is available at a few dollars cheaper than the Hyatt... it's a ray of hope, but not sure if too much can (or should) be read into that.

Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]