Priceline Hotel: 4* St Petersburg-Clearwater (St Petersburg) Renaissance Vinoy

JoJoP
By JoJoP,
in

It was 48.00, now it's 56.00. Dates are July 14 - 16, 2009. Same amenities.

I'm also curious about a 3.5* star in St Pete for $72.00. Amenities: boutique hotel, smoke-free room, fitness, pool, restaurant, business ctr, laundry, Internet. Dates: July 14 - 16, 2009 (Maybe this should be a different thread, and I'll start one if I need to). Thanks

The 3* is a match for the Hilton St. Petersburg so that would be our best guess for that one... the 3.5* Boutique property has not yet been identified.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

THIS LINK indicates the Renaissance Vinoy is currently rated 4* by PRICELINE... as does our Priceline Hotel List.

However, do note that when using PRICELINE you can't bid on or target a specific property in the zone.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please let us know the dates of your stay adn maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

THIS LINK indicates the Renaissance Vinoy is currently rated 4* by PRICELINE... as does our Priceline Hotel List.

However, do note that when using PRICELINE you can't bid on or target a specific property in the zone.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please let us know the dates of your stay adn maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Yes, thank you, but there was someone who won a bid at the Vinoy and listed it as a three star...so, I wasn't sure.

LINK

From what I am reading, there are two three star properties that could potentially be won for Clearwater beach---Hilton and Marriott.

I am having a hard time deciding at what price to begin bidding, as I cannot find at what price these properties were won (I think I found one post where someone *won* one of these properties for 170!).

Can anyone let me know at what price these properties have been won, so I can get an idea at what price to begin bidding?

Our dates would be from December 18-21.

(Our other option is to go for the Renaissance Vinoy--Saint Petersburg--4 star, but we wouldn't mind the beach area)

Thanks!

jojo :)

Happy to help. :)

Were you trying to get this specific property? As mentioned above, there's no way to guarantee getting a particular property via PRICELINE.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Well, I know there is no guarantee but this hotel is listed on this forum as the only four star in this particular area.

However, when I went to bid in this area (St. Petersburg--Clearwater), the four star option was shaded out.

Any idea what that is about?

There are certainly not a lot of bids posted for this zone. I have gone back a couple years on this site and another and found the following winning bids:

Hilton 120/125/135

Marriott 120/146/175/105 (The $175 bid was a last minute bid, with the previous bid being $135)

I have also seen a win listed on priceline.com's recent winning bids at $122 for clearwater beach.

I have begun bidding on this zone recently and have gone up to $116, with no success so far. There are a very large number of free rebids possible. I am undecided whether bidding early is advantageous or not, so have been reluctant to bid too high too fast. Please update your post as you begin bidding.

Good luck!

Using the PRICELINE link provided, here's the status of my failed bids so far:

4* St. Petersburg--Bidding Unsuccessful so far!, Date of Trip: Dec 18-21

I haven't yet changed the star level but did add zones and raised the price with each attempted bid:

Saint Petersburg--Clearwater---St. Petersburg: $55

Saint Petersburg--Clearwater--Palm Harbour: 59

Saint Petersburg--Clearwater--N. Clearwater/Safety Habour: 63

Saint Petersburg--Clearwater--Clearwater: 65

Saint Petersburg--Clearwater--Bellaire: 70

Saint Petersburg--Clearwater--Clearwater Beach: 72

At least I have time to play around a bit more; yes, I am aiming for the one particular hotel in Saint. Petersburg that has been ID'd as the only four star (Vinoy) in the St.Pete/Clearwater--Saint Petersburg area.

I may look at three stars in the Beach areas but the Vinoy is our first pick and others won it at 55, 53 and 60 dollars.

Could it be that those winning bids are unrealistic for my dates which are during the Holidays for some?

Thanks for any advice and will contine to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links provided!

jojo :)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Thanks.

I was just re-reading this thread; the first two posts are not in relation to planning this upcoming trip in December.

The title/OP of this thread was in regards to an already past (July 14-16) summer trip.

Maybe b/c it's all in the same area, you would like it in the same thread?

Looking to ID this 3* possibility on HOTWIRE:

Dates of Stay--December 18-21, 2009

Amenities:

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Internet Access

Thanks for any possibilities!

Anyone?

Some of my posts concern Priceline--and this thread was started with a different stay entirely--but all were moved over to this thread. (from post number five on...different stay/different dates/different questions)

I'm just concerned that some won't see/respond to my posts as they are lumped under a wrong header/title.

Thanks.

I bid at 60.00 tonight on Priceline for St. Petersburg (dates of Dec. 18-21), which was declined, but was asked if I wanted to increase by 17 dollars--I declined and added another zone (I added Clearwater beach) for 65.00 and it was accepted.

WON:

Renaissance Vinoy Resort 4 Star

St. Petersburg

501 Fifth Avenue Ne

Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701

727-894-1000

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Fri, Dec 18, 2009 / After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Mon, Dec 21, 2009 / 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $65.00

Subtotal: $195.00

Taxes & Fees: $33.99

Total Charges*: $228.99

I used the PRICELINE link for this purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]