WA Seattle Larkspur Landing Renton

motegirl
By motegirl,
in

:) This was a comfortable hotel with kitchenette and wonderful staff. We stayed 12 days, cooking most of our meals. There were: a large microwave, full-sized fridge, a two-burner stove top, a small dishwasher, a garbage disposal, and better than expected pots and pans. I wished I had packed a sharp chef's knife and a non-glass cutting board.Missed having an oven, but they let me use the gas grill off the breakfast room. The room was a studio, with a queen bed, comfortable stuffed chair and ottoman, and desk(doubling as table). The bathroom was standard. All in all it was quiet, clean and pleasant.

The laundry room near the front desk has 4 or 5 washers and 6 dryers, all free. The exercise room, with treadmill, free weights, elliptical, and stationary bike, was just down the hall from the laundry room, so you can work out while waiting for your laundry to cycle. There was a small hot tub off the exercise room, but we didn't use it. There is free wireless in the room and a good business center near the front desk. The complimentary continental breakfast was better than most, but still only continental breakfast.

Parking was free, ample, and near the front desk. The advertised shuttle does not operate on the weekends (apparently a recent change, and not good news when you have newly arrived at the airport), and the cab fare is nearly $20 one way despite being less than 10 miles from SEATAC. However, during the week you can arrange to have the shuttle take you to nearby (by car) grocery shopping or to a movie at no charge. For seeing downtown Seattle a hotel closer to the city's central attractions would be preferable, but this is a very economical (when booked through Hotwire) solution for someone needing the conveniences of home. If there is something nearby besides car dealerships, Southcenter Mall, and corporations, I missed it. We stayed 10 days booked through Hotwire at $69/night, and extended for 2 more days at the AAA rate of $109 (non-AAA $129).

Now the best part: the staff. These folks were the warmest, most eager to be helpful staff I have ever experienced. This did not come off as sycophantic or "hotel policy", but rather as genuine. If this hotel is near your Seattle destination, I'd say go for it!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]