Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Hilton San Francisco

dsm
By dsm,
in

Traveling w/ spouse to SF 8/5 - 8/10. Daughter is bunking at USF at night, while dancing on 8th st in SOMA. I know nearly nothing about SF. Can someone recommend a central location to seek lodging that offers reasonably easy access to both USF, and 8th st? Thanks for any info.

I'm pretty sure USG is out Geary Blvd. If you want to actually be between those two spots, you might need to be in Japantown or in Civic Center North. YOu can take the Geary bus out to USF, or a Muni train, maybe the N Judah? You could take the same transport into the city towards SOMA, or even walk. (Hotel Tomo is newly redone and seems pretty cool, also had some good deals lately. Holiday Inn Golden Gateway is a nice facility with good views near the California cable car.)

If you don't care about being exactly in between the two, I'd stay in USW/ Nob Hill. It's a nice area, you can easily walk to SOMA, you can take the same transport out to USF and it's really central.

Colfax knows the city even better than me, so I'm sure he can give you some more in-depth advice.

You could drive down to Half Moon Bay. You could go to Point Reyes and Tomales Bay. If you like ocean, you could hit Stinson Beach. You could check out Mt. Tam, Muir Woods and then visit one of the towns in Marin, like Tiburon or Sausalito. There are nice places to sit outside and eat lunch. Pricey, but cool.

You could even combine Muir Woods and Stinson by hiking from Muir Woods to Stinson Beach, but you'd have to be fit because it's about 5 miles each way. I've done it and it's good exercise. We even saw a mountain lion on the trail. It's not a common occurence, to don't let this put you off.

8th Street is in Priceline's Civic Center zone. USF is about 2 miles from there, not inside any Priceline zone, but again Civic Center zone is closest.

Civic Center zone only goes to 3* though---the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway and Carlton are reported.

Are you looking for a 4* hotel? Staying at a 4* Downtown would only add a mile or so to your commute, or a couple dollars to your cabfare.

Or are you looking for the least expensive viable option, which would probably be a 3* or 2.5* in Civic Center?

Do you have a budget in mind?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

You can also enter any location or landmark into the search box at MAPS and HOTELS.com and then see which area(s) would work well for your needs and compare those areas to the PRICELINE zone(s). You could also see the hotels in the area, compare them to what has been reproted in the Priceline Hotel List, and see if the majority of hotels reside in any one particular zone.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Once you decide upon an area(s) let us know if we can help with a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Bid 1: USE $75 - rejected

Bid 2: Add Civic Center, $80 - rejected

Bid 3: Add USW - Nob Hill $83 - Accepted

Question: I'd like to extend this through weekend (PRICELINE request link). I booked W-FR because I need 1 bed for 3 nights, then 2 beds for 2 nights. Should I request 2 beds from Hilton, then make extension request? Or extend, then make the bed request?

I would make the request with hilton first... what happens if you extend the stay and then when you make your request for a room with 2 beds you're told that it wouldn't be available. :)

Keep in mind that because the "extend your stay option" is provided it doesn't guarnatee that a room will be avaialble or at the same price.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]