Priceline Hotel: HELP: Austin Downtown 11/5-11/7

slapshot509
By slapshot509,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First i assume you understand that you are not bidding for the Omni, but rather for a 4* hotel in the downtown area. Are you willing to accept a hotel other than the Omni?

For your dates, Saturday nite is much more expensive than Friday nite, and i think that may be what is preventing your acceptance. I know it's only a two nite stay, but would you consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

If you aren't willing to divide your stay, Hotwire may be a better a better option given the price difference since Hotwire averages the nightly rate while Priceline requires you to bid high enough to win the highest nite of your stay. Hotwire has a 4* property for about $120/nite... assuming you are a new customer, using the current $10 off per nite offer would bring this down to $110/nite, and that may be your best bet if you don't want to risk changing hotels or lowering your star rating.

Let us know what you think of the above, if you want to try Priceline again let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]