Weird bidding experience

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

As recently posted in another thread:

Sometimes PRICELINE will direct you to their "retail" screen... since you just placed a bid, they know you need a hotel room, and since you were unsuccessful with your bid, they're cross marketing their retail service in hopes that you'll buy a hotel from them thru that side of their service.

Although not the intention when created, many have found the PRICELINE search box on the top right of the page convenient to use in these situations. If you're re-directed to the 'retail' section of the PRICELINE website, or you need to close the browser and re-access PRICELINE in order to 'clear' previously added zones, our search box keeps all your city and date information, so you just need to click the GO button again to resume your bidding, rather than needing to re-enter all your destination information.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare. I did use the search box to re-access PRICELINE. I was just annoyed that I had to close my browser at all and couldn't understand why Priceline didn't offer any way to return to the bidding screen so I could up my bid. Believe me, these little annoyances are well worth it once I get a winning bid! I discovered this board last year and so appreciate the help and support I have gotten here. I tell everyone I know to use Betterbidding as it has been an invaluable tool for our travel planning...many, many thanks for all you do!

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks, thereuare. I did use the search box to re-access PRICELINE. I was just annoyed that I had to close my browser at all and couldn't understand why Priceline didn't offer any way to return to the bidding screen so I could up my bid. Believe me, these little annoyances are well worth it once I get a winning bid! I discovered this board last year and so appreciate the help and support I have gotten here. I tell everyone I know to use Betterbidding as it has been an invaluable tool for our travel planning...many, many thanks for all you do!

I had a similar experience. After I got this message about my bid not being accepted, I was unable to change the area or bid amount. Closing the browser didn't help. When I re-opened I got a message that I wasn't allowed to bid anymore.

I found it very annoying. Is this something new?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]