TinaOhio
By TinaOhio,
in

Good Morning.

glad to be here. ::))))))

we will drive from OHIO to Chicago.

My plan is July2-July 10

3 adults and one 2 year old

budget is around 100$/night(might be rush late bid,so could raise a bit more)

hope to stay in downtown area (if could get subway or buses near to hotel to get kid naptime would be great, or is it possible just by walking distance to all spots?)

i have used priceline 1 once before(other state), which led to very far suburb.:)((((

never used hotwire before.

please advise best starting bid price so i can start off bidding from your link. Wish not be locked off if bidding failed a couple of times.:o)

also, i would like to try hotwire which do not need bidding, correct?

aslo, parking in downtown hotel would be estimate how much?

i have read all threads.

is there estra fee for 3 adults and 2 year old?

we never stayed 4 star before, i am not sure any difference between 2 star and 4 star.

my goal is to make parents happy and not wear out. a good sleep is most important.

my questions are sort of stupid please be patient.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How many rooms are you searching for? If only one, PRICELINE only guarnatees double occupancy so there would be a chance that the room you receive only has one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to move you to a room with two beds (or there could be an additional fee charged)

On the otherhand HOTWIRE allows you tos earch for up to quad occupancy and would ensure sleeping accmoodations for everyone you included on your search.

In all likelihood you would want to stay in the NMA area (north michigan avenue) OR the Loop (the loop is a but quieter at nite and little further from 'the action', but still do-able for the right price as the two zones sti adjacent to each other)

Not sure how firm your budget is, but searching your dates for 3adults/1child there is a 3.5* in the NMA-Water Tower-Gold coast zone for $124/nite with:

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

This matches previous reports for the Hotel Inidgo, which gets very good reviews, so that would be my best guess.

This may be a little north of the 'heart' of the zone (AaronJB can comment further on this aspect) but it's a fairly laid back hotel which can make things a little easier when traveling with a 2 year old.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Parking is going to be $30-40 per night. It is as much as $50 at some hotels. You may be able to find a lot in the $20's, but it may not be *right* by your hotel.

You have a few options:

1. Stay in the Oak Brook area in the SW suburbs of the city. This would require a fairly significant commute into the city each day, but if you look on HOTWIRE, there is a 3.5* Suite in the Oak Brook-Downers Grove-Lombard area for $58 (the price you see may vary slightly.) Unless something has changed, the hotels in the area all have free parking, so your total would be $58 (before tax.)

2. In terms of the potential Indigo, which thereuare mentioned above, that is a very cute, comfortable boutique property in the Gold Coast area, which, while not right in the middle of downtown, is an easy walk to Michigan Ave, an easy walk to the beach and Lincoln Park Zoo is a pretty easy walk North. This is a wonderful hotel and one of my favorites downtown, but it would be $124 + probably $30-40 parking = $154-164 per night.

Probably the best, most budget-friendly option:

3. Search for 3 adults/1 child in Chicago on HOTWIRE for 7/5-10, and there should be a 3* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area with free breakfast icon, fitness icon and internet icon for $68. This is likely the Holiday Inn Express Cass. It is a basic property, but free breakfast and great location. This is not available for your whole trip, just 7/5-10.

For 7/2-5, you can stay in the SW burbs (search on HOTWIRE for Oak Brook) - there's a 3.5* for $47 and a 3* for $40 in the Lombard-Oak Brook-Downers Grove area.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase.

1. Stay in the Oak Brook area in the SW suburbs of the city. This would require a fairly significant commute into the city each day, but if you look on HOTWIRE, there is a 3.5* Suite in the Oak Brook-Downers Grove-Lombard area for $58 (the price you see may vary slightly.) Unless something has changed, the hotels in the area all have free parking, so your total would be $58 (before tax.)
i tried your link. but how to get SW suburbs through. i did not see this search options. this one your described are really nice. my only question is: is it a walking distance to subway?( or i have to drive and park for a fee then take the subway) how long to downtown area in subway? is it safe area?
Probably the best, most budget-friendly option:

3. Search for 3 adults/1 child in Chicago on HOTWIRE for 7/5-10, and there should be a 3* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area with free breakfast icon, fitness icon and internet icon for $68. This is likely the Holiday Inn Express Cass. It is a basic property, but free breakfast and great location. This is not available for your whole trip, just 7/5-10.

For 7/2-5, you can stay in the SW burbs (search on HOTWIRE for Oak Brook) - there's a 3.5* for $47 and a 3* for $40 in the Lombard-Oak Brook-Downers Grove area.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase.

yes. i agree these are very budget. but we will miss the fireworks. let me so some more checking through your link and i will keep you updated.

thanks very much

i have booked trough your Link HOTWIRE!!!

53$ Holiday Inn Select O'Hare Airport (Rosemont), IL from 7/2 to7/8

not sure about its quality but it is near subway i guess. garanteed for 3 adults and 1 child.

still thanks very much. i will be here very often in future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you found something which would work well for your needs and budget... we're glad the board was helpful and you're happy with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the star rating, zone, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]