Priceline Hotel: Help getting 4 nights in Baltimore

wearebrainstorm
By wearebrainstorm,
in

BetterBidding people I have long been a reader of this site for advice and success stories and am now reaching out for some help.

I need to stay in Baltimore 4 nights 7/16 thru 7/20

My bidding history with Baltimore has been great, I've paid $70 for the 4* Hyatt for one night, May 8th of this year

I've also won $69 for the 3.5* Baltimore Marriott for one night, January 11th of this year.

Does the fact that I'm trying to bid on 4 nights at once have anything to do with me not getting the room?

I have been trying to Priceline bid on 4* and 3.5* hotels in the Inner Harbor area and I've gone as high as $85 per night and I'm still getting declined.

Any advice?

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

We're glad to hear the board has beeen helpful with your previous success, but it's a bit disappointing that this is your first post :) Not sure why you didn't think others could benefit from you posting your wins, just as you have benefited from those before your posting theirs.

In regards to your current stay, rates are date specific. Your previous wins were during off-season and weekend stays (one a Friday and one on a Sunday), whereas this stay is for a Thursday-Monday and during the peak summer season. As well, there could be a conference going on during this period, cruise ships arriving/departing (pre/post cruisers often arrive a day early and stay a day late), or a team with a big fan base could be playing the Orioles and these fans all need a place to stay. Regardless, hotel rates are high for your dates (Marriott Waterfront is $379/nite, Marriott Camden Yards $179/nite, and the Hyatt is priced at $300)

How i have you have bid already? If you've capped your bidding at $70 then youre bids are still well under half of the prevailing rates of a hotel direct booking. What is the best rate you're able to find at an accepable property thru a traditional booking? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]