Hotwire Hotel: 2* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD North) OHare Garden Hotel

x-tina
By x-tina,
in

Wanted to post on a hotwire purchase my father made the day of for a Chicago O'Hare 2* hotel.

Chicago O'Hare Garden Hotel

Check-in: Sun, Jun 21, 2009

Check-out: Mon, Jun 22, 2009

Rate: $30.00

Total price: $40.94

Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, & Golf Nearby

He did use your HOTWIRE Link!

Below are his comments, he said the front desk was very nice, but that the property was poorly lit and was bit scary (and he doesn't scare easily). He wouldn't book this place again based on what little he saw of the hotel.

I walked from the subway station at 10:00 PM. The walk took about 10 minutes.

The hotel was easy to find since it was next door to Hooters.

The parking lot was poorly lit.

The front desk was very helpful and nice.

I did not see a room. Because of a flood, the hotel was oversold - even though I bought the room only a couple hours before.

The front desk "walked" me which meant they gave me an $80 room voucher for the Comfort Inn Suites.

The hotel's shuttle service was excellent. They drove me to the Comfort Inn at 11:00PM. They also picked me up at the Comfort Inn at 4:00AM and took me to O'Hare because the Comfort Inn shuttle did not begin running until 5:00 AM

Everyone I dealt with was very nice, but the property looked a bit scarey.

Congratulations on your success.

Sorry to hear that the property wasn't very good - but I guess at least the property was overbooked and he was "walked" to the nearby Comfort Suites, which looks like a nicer property.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link - doing so is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to share an e-mail my father just got regarding his stay a couple weeks ago. He hadn't complained to Hotwire but they still gave him a refund in the form of HotDollars.

Also wanted to point out this hotel was being downgraded to a 1*.

Thanks!

Dear Gerald,

We are contacting you about your recent stay at Chicago O'Hare Garden Hotel, Hotwire itinerary 5463192***.

We periodically review the star ratings of our hotel partners. After doing so for this hotel, we have decided to adjust the star rating to 1.0 stars. While we are confident in the quality of all our hotel partners, the new rating more accurately reflects the service level, accommodations and facilities of this property.

As such, we would like to offer you the total amount paid for your hotel reservation in HotDollars for a future Hotwire reservation. HotDollars can be used for any hotel, flight, or Hotwire hot Rate rental car booking on Hotwire. Each HotDollar is equivalent to one U.S. dollar and is available for one year from the date of issuance.

If you have any questions regarding the HotDollars added to your account, please email Hotwire at [email protected] or call 1-866-HOTWIRE (468-9473). If you reply to this email address, your email will not be received.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our customers are very important to us, and we would like you to have the best possible experience.

If you have already contacted Hotwire Customer Care regarding your reservation and the star rating adjustment, please disregard this message.

Sincerely,

Hotwire Customer Care

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]