Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Oak Lawn-Airport Midway MDW) Holiday Inn Midway

x-tina
By x-tina,
in

We have a 7 am flight Friday, July 3rd, out of Midway. We live about 3 hours from Chicago, so we will be driving down the night before. What areas should we look at for Hotwire & Priceline? Is Oak Lawn - Midway Airport MDW the only one we should be considering for Hotwire and Midway Airport Area for Priceline?

We are going to need parking for 3 nights at the airport so I wonder if it makes sense to do a park and ride package.

We are looking to check-in late 7/2 and check out 7/3 with 1 room, 2 adults. I want something under $70 (unless it includes parking).

I see a 3* in Oak Lawn - Midway Airport MDW w/ fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, & internet for $69. Not sure what this is a match for. Wondering if this is our best bet or if I should do Priceline or a different area.

I am just pretty clueless about this particular trip, thanks in advance for any help.

There's really not many options in terms of Midway aside from the Airport zone; the Oakbrook/Downers Grove area is quite nice, but it's a bit of a drive away, and if this is only a one night stay, I'd just stay by the airport. Unfortunately, this HOTWIRE listing has not yet been reported to the board/ID'd.

You (and AaronJB would know the area better than i would, but how about PRICELINE's Chicago South region (i'd guess HOTWIRE has a similar area) with zones such as Hammond or Holland-Lansing IL... maybe a little further from the airport then something in the Midway zone, but on a map it looks close enough for a morning commute and would likely still be on your route from the South.

I didn't look at prices to see if they would be cheaper or more expensive, but perhaps this at least gives you additional options?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your responses. Looks like a new one for your list.

I ended up going with the hotwire 3*, below are details of my purchase:

Holiday Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Amenities: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

Check-in: Thu, Jul 2, 2009

Check-out: Fri, Jul 3, 2009

Rate:$69.00

Total Price:$85.57

Other travel sites: $135.00

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have a good trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]