Hotwire Hotel: San Antonio 4* - Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort

Frugal Dude
By Frugal Dude,
in

Want to confirm Hotwire San Antonio (SeaWorld - Hill Country Area) for Sat, Jul 11 to Wed, Jul 15, 2009 @ $205.00 per night. (using Hotwire)

Amenities: Resort, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program

11.1 miles to San Antonio Intl. (SAT)

Trip Advisor Traveler Rating of 4.0 out of 5

Based on 160+ customer reviews (Last reviewed June 2009)

Here are my thoughts:

I believe the only other 4* Resort in this area using Hotwire is the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa (May have changed to Radisson) which is considerably less per night based on direct booking thru each hotels website.

My logic for this was using Priceline search of Resorts in San Antonio.

The Hilton/Radisson has a Trip Advisor Traveler Rating of 3.0 out of 5 (121 reviews) which I think should disqualify it.

The Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, A Hyatt Vacation Club Resort is 4.0 out of 5 on trip advisor. (not sure if they use Hotwire)

On Hyatt's website they say it is 11.2 Mi to the airport.

The Regency Resort on Hyatt's website is claimed to be 11.5 Mi

As far as amenities go, is GOLF NEARBY and TENNIS NEARBY the same as ON SITE??

If not then this would be the qualifier as Hyatt Regency has both golf and tennis.

I am currently holding a reservation for The Hyatt Regency for those four nights @ the following rate/night of 309.00, 289.00, 289.00, 289.00 and using the special of 4th night free works out to $221/night so I'm not sure taking the chance is worth the $21/night savings, but I am a cheap dude :) . On the other hand if I were to only go 3 nights than there would be a good savings.

Also there is a $15/night resort fee I did not mention but sure most people are aware of.

I am open to all thoughts anyone may have on the subject.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

considerably less per night based on direct booking thru each hotels website.
The retail price of hotels is almost meaningless when trying to determine which hotel you will receive. We have seen many instances where a hotel with a higher retail rate is won, even though there are hotels in the zone at the same star rating with lower hotel direct rates.

The milage indicated by HOTWIRE is from the center of the zone, not the specific location you're being offered... notice that all hotels in the same zone (at each star level) all have the same distance to the sites/locations referenced.

The amenities above match both the Hyatt and the Radisson (now Hilton), but the Tripadvisor info is only consistent with the Hyatt, so that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]