Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Downtown) Courtyard City Center

tilepusher
By tilepusher,
in

Knowing that this hotel was likely now in play and not knowing its Priceline rates, I started with bids of $32, $35, $38, and $40 (using Northwest Portland and South Waterfront District as pseudo-rebid zones); I received a +$11 counteroffer at $38. Hoping for the Residence Inn Riverplace, and remembering the nightmare I went through last year bidding in Downtown Portland for the Labor Day weekend, I decided to try to close the deal. After waiting 24 hours, I bid $38 and $41 before I was accepted at the Courtyard at $43. The rate on Marriott.com was $99/night.

I really wanted the Residence Inn (great chlorine-free pool, free breakfast), but this is a brand new hotel with spacious rooms (435 sq. ft. -- very big for downtown Portland) and the location is more convenient for me. I was pleasantly surprised by the Paramount, and this hotel looks more promising, so I'm interested in trying it out.

I started my bids through the PRICELINE link.

Congratualtions on your success!

While not the Residence Inn you were hoping for, hopefully this property will turn out to be a new winner for you in the zone... at least it's new and the rooms are niced sized, so it has potential.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding and sharing your results with the board, helping us add this new property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]