Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

fabianhdz
By fabianhdz,
in

Thanks for the amazing forum, I was able to book a night in the airport area in Toronto for a very cheap price. Since my moms flight arrives at 11 PM, i didnt want to go anywhere afterwards. but the next day i do want to stay in the downtown area, but I'd like a bit of help trying to get a decent hotel. I'm willing to pay from 50 to 65 in the downtown area for a 3* hotel. ( i found a hotel in hotwire around 60 which is supposed to be 4*, but its not available anymore).

Dates Aug 3 to Aug 4

I started by bid in Priceline at 50, for a 4*, then lowered to 3 and a half, then to 3. I was not successful. I tried to understand the re bidding strategy by adding zones, but i'm really scared to end up in a far away zone with no access to the metro ( i won't have a car), so that's why i didnt want to add or change any zone.

I'm going to try tomorrow...what do you guys recommend?

I've seen people getting a 3 * downtown for the range of around the 50s or 60s. Do I have a chance? I think i will try tomorrow a 4 and 3 stars by 55.

I'm also open for other areas in Toronto, but I want to be sure that downtown is reachable by subway.

Finally, I've been researching in Hotwire, Can anyone identify these hotel?

2.5-star hotel in Downtown Toronto East

56 Dollars | Boutique Hotel |Complimentary Breakfast |Restaurant(s) |High-speed Internet Access

3 star hotel in Downtown Toronto West

61 Dollars | Boutique Hotel | Restaurant(s)

2 star hotel in Downtown Toronto West

63 Dollars | Complimentary Breakfast | Fitness Center |High-speed Internet Access

Thanks a lot for your help!

Do you have an interest is learning about re-bidding to see if you can become comfortable with adding zones that you can determine you can't win... or do you want to stick with your current approach?

What exactly are you looking for from this stay... as you started trying for a 4* hotel and quickly dropped your star levels, as well, you're asking about 2* rated HOTWIRE properties?? What is your maximum budget?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm honestly very flexible when it comes to star level, im more interested in the LOCATION, that's why i'm sticking to downtown as much as possible.

The reason why I was bidding for 4 star hotel was because Hotwire had good deals for this in the middle 60s, and I've seen people winning good deals for 50 dollars for 3 stars or more in the downtown area

I understand the rebidding process just now after spending some time. I couldnt understand how people found out that certain star level wasnt available in certain areas, but i just realized that Priceline pretty much tells you this in the 1st stage of the bidding process.

My maximum budget would be 65 dollars for a 3 star hotel. If it s 2* I would pay less, just because Hotwire offer these at a cheaper rate

thanks again for your constant help!

Hello Fabian. I live in Toronto, and I will be happy to help out.

You are coming into the city over a peak weekend, so getting good space downtown will be tricky. I've looked at all the hotels offered in Hotwire, and have some warnings and some advice.

All 3 1/2 star and over are good, but many listed in Toronto Downtown EAST are sketchy neighbourhoods. Stick to Downtown WEST. 4 Star Downtown anywhere will be good and central to all the action, but West is still better. Any other location provides poor access to downtown.

Most times I would suggest you book via HOTWIRE or PRICELINE. Since you are coming in a peak weekend, I would suggest you look at Travelzoo.ca for weekly promotions posted by the hotels. They are posted in Canadian Dollars, which are about $.87US. The advantage booking this way will be the comfort of knowing your are booked directly, rather than via a 3rd party.

Recent promo rates were $90 for the 4 star intercontinental, and $70 for the Delta Chelsea.

Good Luck

thanks a lot for your very helpful advises, i finally got a room following the rebidding strategy!

since I though i still had plenty of time to try during the week, I decided to try to get a 4* at the cheapest price possible, so i got it.

1st try: 60 dollars downtown, 4 stars

2nd try: 62 dollars, added Toronto east

3rd try: 64 dollars, added Brampton

and I got this one at 64 :)

4 * Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. Aug 3rd

I'm extremely satisfied with what I got !

I always use this PRICELINE link

Thanks a lot guys!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]