Hotwire Hotel: Montreal Downtown July 3-6

AngS1967
By AngS1967,
in

Hi, I am looking for a hotel for 2 adults and 2 children for July 3-6 (3 nights) in Downtown Montreal.

When I search Hotwire what I am getting is what I think is La Cantlie Suites. The reviews seem pretty mixed. I must say i like the idea of a kitchenette but the most recent TA review sounded pretty terrible. Has anyone here ever stayed there?

What I get for amenities are: fitness, pool, restaurant, business centre, laundry, internet and kitchenette. It is listed as low-price guarantee and best value. Th TA ratings are 3.5/5 for 160+ reviews. The price is currently $96/night. Am I correct with thinking it is La Cantlie?

I don't know what other options that might be available and thought I would toss it out there? We were really hoping for a 4 star, but there doesn't seem to be any coming up in my search.

Also, I was hoping that there might be someone here who is the resident 'fountain of knowledge' on Montreal like Aaron is for Chicago? :) This is our first trip there. My husband and I will be traveling with our 15 year daughter and her friend, so shopping is of course on the agenda, but not sure where?

Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated on both the hotel and 'must do' suggestions, and I will of course use the site's HOTWIRE link.

Cheers,

Angela :)

Yes, this match Le Cantlie Suites so that would be my best guess. i took a quick look at the reviews and to be honest. I wouldn't worry that much.

HOTWIRE don't have any 4* inventory for the moment when you search. And PRICELINE only guarantees a room for 2 adults that could mean only 1 bed.

Take a look at boards support page. It got plety of links, GTA Hotels got very nice prices sometimes.

For shopping, have you tried the TA forum for Montreal.

Yellowdog.

Thanks for the feedback, Yellowdog.

I have looked through the site's support page travel partners as suggested and ended up reading other reviews on La Cantlie and am less concerned now. Howeevr, after viewing the other site's reviews we really want to book a King Suite with the sofa bed as the king is in a room that can be closd off from the rest with french doors (and curtains, over the doors), so would definitely be more private and hopefully quieter with 2 15yo's. The best price for that that I have been able to find is with Travelocity.

I likely will book it tomorrow, but I know you folks are often aware of promo codes, so thought I would check and see if anyone has one for Travelocity that could be used for a 3 night stay in Montreal. Please advise.

Thanks,

Thanks, Yellowdog. It's a case of a "you snooze, you lose", lesson for me. Whilst I was hoping to catch a promo code, I lost the hotel. It is no longer available, so back to the drawing board.

We are now going to spend the Sunday night at friend's in Gatineau, so now I am just searching for 2 nights (check-in 3rd, check-out the 5th). So far not finding much of interest in the downtown area, may need to stay in Laval or somewhere similar. I will be sure to let the board know my decision. Guess it is the long weekend of sorts and things have booked up.

I also am open to any ideas or suggestions anyone may have.

Thanks,

Based upon our needs of wanting a semi-private suite room and having missed out on the Cantile, I searched and searched and ended up having to book from a hotels own website. We booked a Marriott Suite. I was sad to see that the site doesn't have a support link for them, as I wanted to support the site. Sorry :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]