CA San Jose Marriott Downtown

one
By one,
in

First thing noticed, NO PARKING! They reserved their parking lot for Valet Parking, which costs $19 per day. One can use the Valet Parking at the restaurant across the street for around $15 per day. Another choice is to use other Parking lot (one block from the hotel) for $5 per day, and free for weekends and evening (6pm to 6am).

The hotel is around 22 story tower with an outdoor swimming pool and an hot tub. There is a mini indoor fitness center, include restrooms, next to the pool. Both could be accessed by the room card key (free of charge). The room has a sliding bathroom door, with no lock. The room is kind of pack with usual things: One king size bed w/6 pillows, 2 pieces desk, one rolling chair, a mini sofa w/ a foot piece, and a mini safe underneath the TV. They have internet access with service charge.

In my room, I could hear people walking and talking from the hall-ways, flushing toilet sounds from other rooms, and running water sounds between the walls. I noticed the rooms at the end of the hall-ways have an extra room and door at the entrance. Those rooms at the end stands-out compare to others. Those rooms may cost more, and I am not sure. One can share the experience if they requested those rooms. They deliver 2 newspaper daily at around 4:00am: USA Today and Mercury News. For the Mercury News, it stated that it is included for the room. One may requested at the front desk to remove the Mercury News service, and you will get 10 cents refund for daily and 25 cents refund for Sunday. It was a usual 3* hotel experience for $35 per night. My only disappointment is the parking.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]