Priceline Hotel: 2* San Francisco (Airport SFO) La Quinta Inn

zircon
By zircon,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks you for sharing your win/results with the rest of the board.

Do you recall the highest bid amount that was rejected before this acceptance? (it sounds like you had rejected bids between $28-$33).

Thanks for posting, and have a great day.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the previous bid was $32. Taxes and fees were $15, making it $81 for the two nights.

From reviews I gather La Quinta here is better than the Comfort Suites, but not the Hyatt Regency of course.

Hotwire was offering a hotel around SFO for $42 with taxes that I suspect was the ill-reviewed Comfort Suites.

Yes, the $3/night is some sort of convention center tax.

Priceline does cover this in their fine print, but one of the problems of Priceline generally is that you never know till you arrive what the add-ons are actually going to be and, even worse, there seems to be some inconsistency among hotels in the same area about what's included and what's not.

Also, when I arrived, the hotel didn't have any record of me from Priceline and the matter didn't get sorted out till the next day -- who screwed up isn't clear, of course. Had to wonder what happens when an airline has no record from Priceline and you don't have a day to sort things out.

That said, my room was great value, the breakfast was ample, and the front desk was friendly, so I was pretty satisfied.

The city of Burlingame (where SFO and most of the hotels are located) levies some sort of occupancy tax in the range of $1+ per room night. I've been hit with it staying elsewhere near the airport on PL stays. For me it was $1.25 for one night at the SFO Mariott; perhaps it varies by location within Burlingame or something. A few other places in California (notably Sacramento) have a similar tax.

It is certainly a nuisance, but it is somewhat legit in that it is a government-imposed charge that everyone has to pay and is separate from the X% sales tax. And it's not a nefarious energy surcharge.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]