Hotwire Hotel: 4* Madrid (Chamberi-Chamartin-Salamanca) Gran Hotel Conde Duque

MadFlyer
By MadFlyer,
in

Used the BB HOTWIRE link.

Features as won prior

Amenities: Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

Had been watching Madrid for these dates for quite some time. Had a stay 3 nights pay for 2 at the Eurostars Madrid Tower 5* for these dates that I could cancel up to 24 hours prior and just did without problem. There are amazing deals at www.hotelesib.com and www.lastminute.co.uk and elsewhere, but really like the location of this hotel.

Thanks to this site I could figure out with 99% certaintly that it was this hotel. The trip advisor was not showing the past week and went to Firefox. The rate went to $62, unlinked to BB, and still no trip advisor.

I used to live just a block away and the fact that I only need a single persuaded me. This hotel has 13 sq meter singles, while the 23 sq meter doubles were currently at $72. Will report on how I am treated and arrive early in day.

Noticed that this hotel appeared to take away 2 amenities between some checks , though never positive was same hotel the trip advisor was the same. The price fluctuated for doubles from low of $69 to high of $79, while this single was at $62/$63 for weeks.

5* with suite icons were still coming in but had never seen response about that, nor did I really need the hassle.

Gran Hotel Conde Duque

Plaza Conde Valle de Suchil 5,

Madrid, ES, 28015

I like that it is a residential area with great transportation connections both by Metro and my prefered bus and taxi. The bus 21 or metro 4 take you direct over to Arguelles shopping area or exclusive Salamanca. '10 minute safe walk down to Gran Via with three options... trend shopping street Fuencaral, San Bernardo or down past the Conde Duque Cultural Centre where they have summer concert series and even many free events. This route comes out just above Plaza Espana. The area has its own mini- corte ingles shopping and even 2 open cor stores open from 6 am to 2 am for convenience. You have the bus 37 or metro 1 that links down to Art Triangle.

This area is just north of the nightlife and restaurant district of malasana, where very diverse choice with hundreds of bars and restaurants. Mostly locals. this area was where the cultural revolution with the likes of Almodovar, the film director took place in the 70s and 80s and led the huge progression that has occured the past 25 years.

Airport tranfer looks problamatic on map but truth is that is painless as trains on these routes run about every 2 or 3 minutes but does require 2 changes. I usually take taxi to area from airport as drivers can avoid most congested steets and as it is to the north and fares are 5 to 10 euros cheaper at around 22 to 28 for the trip.

The center of Madrid has sometimes severe noise issues... The tourist areas of madrid become clogged with very crowded streets and this area is more real Madrid than the tourist areas.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]