Hotwire Hotel: 3* Winston-Salem (South-Clemmons) Holiday Inn Express

JanetNC
By JanetNC,
in

This hotel at 2520 Peters Creek has not been reported before for BB's Hotwire list. Note the zone maps for HW are quite different than PL's in the Winston-Salem area. I first bid $45 on PL for 3* WS West, which was not accepted and there is no free re-bid option. Leaving tomorrow am, so had three 3* choices on Hotwire from which to select, each in a different location and this was best for our visit. Discount rate on their own website was $80. The amenities are comp. breakfast, fitness, pool, laundry, and high-speed internet. Question that any HI Express should be rated a 3* but only need a bed as visiting friends. And the next two nights at the new Grand Bohemian in Asheville will make up for this modest result.

As expected, Hotwire used magic dust and star inflation to offer this HIE as a 3*. It is a perfectly fine, very clean 2* star with a nice staff, bedding and breakfast. But sandwiched between I-40 and a self-storage with huge asphalt yard that attracts truckers, no one at pool since noise was deafening, this is not a 3* hotel. Hotwire charged $68.16 for room plus fees/taxes, while it only paid HIE $45.66. If this HIE product and location works for you, suggest booking it direct. I have used PRICELINE about eight years without encountering such "star level" misrepresentation.

Sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing. :)

I'd write to HOTWIRE to let them know the issues you had with the property.

Emailed Hotwire Customer Service and received answer within 24 hours, excerpts as follows:

In an effort to remain faithful to our Star Ratings Promise, we determine our ratings by:

- Visiting thousands of properties each year

- Carefully and frequently benchmarking our star ratings against other travel sites and ratings authorities

- Soliciting customer feedback following every stay and adjusting our ratings accordingly

- Investigating and acting on customer concerns about specific properties.

Please be aware that the hotel brands displayed on our Star Rating Promise serve as examples only; Hotwire does not guarantee you will stay in one of the hotels listed. In addition, some hotel brands, like the Holiday inn Express feature properties in multiple star-rating categories because the rating is not based on the chain

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]