Hotwire Hotel: IDs Chattanooga

srqsnook
By srqsnook,
in

• 2 weeks later...

srqsnook,

I haven't lived there in a long time but I grew up there... You DO NOT WANT TO STAY BY THE AIRPORT! I wasn't yelling,

just wanted to get your attention. There is nothing to do by the airport except drive over and go shopping at a mall. Eventhough

Downtown is "dead" at night, it is the central place to start all adventures, Tennessee Aquarium, walk along the Tennessee River

and Ross's Landing, walk across the Chesnut Street Bridge to the shopping area, ride the INCLINE railway to the top of Lookout

Mountain and "See Seven States", visit Chickamauga Battlefield for Civil War History, take in a minor league ball game with the

Chattanooga Lookouts, and if it is still there, take a tour of the Coca Cola Bottling plant, the first in the country. Most folks would

never know that around 1925 - 1930 more MILLIONAIRES lived in Chattanooga, Tennessee than anywhere in America. Why,

because one family OWNED the exclusive right to BOTTLE Coca Cola. The pharmacist in Atlanta Georgia that developed the recipe

for Coke (uh, yes it probably had some extract from the poppy plant when it became the national drink) anyway, this guy never

thought anyone would buy the drink anywhere except at the pharmacy so he sold the right to bottle it for $1 (which he never collected!)

Take a drive up Lookout mountain or Missionary Ridge and see many historic sites to include the Cravens House.

Regards, Keoni :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]