Counter Bid

vanclan
By vanclan,
in

I just made a bid through BetterBidding link to PRICELINE for Burlington, Canada. I like to start lower than I know they will accept and work up. I bid $48 Priceline countered stating I should increase my bid by $14.00 I only increased it slightly and it reminded me of the need for $14.00. At that point, I chose not to accept their counter bid. I am sure I have read on this forum that people can sometimes counter bid by about 1/2 of the suggested bid and get the room Is that the case or must you rebid the entire amount that they counter offer. If this question is answered elsewhere on the site, please simply direct me to the answer. (I can't seem to find it anywhere) Thanks so much!

You need to accept the amount PRICELINE offer you if you use the counter offer this way. But I understand what you're thinking of here. You must change a criteria like price, zone or * level to undercutt the counter offer.

This is the link you're looking after: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

It's very important that you understand what zones that are "free" zones for your bidding. Feel free to post them and the board will confirm them.

Yellowdog.

Thanks so much! I continued to look around after I posted and did find where people counterbid lower than the suggested amount....but not on their initial bid...which I was trying unsuccessfully to do. I'm not sure I can change any zones since all surrounding zones appear to have 3 star accomodations. However I started early enough to allow several 24 hour periods to pass and I'll rebid that way. Thanks for your help...this is a great site where peopl eare willing to help each other win great deals!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]