Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

I just did my first PL proper bid.3* Dwntn Miami, 2 nights=Fri.Jan21 & Sat.22/05 for $38; then tried adding SWMiami and $41;then adding NorthMiami and $43. No luck.

I have heard of people getting the Hyatt Miami(which looks/sounds quite lovely) for $38 Dwntn, but I realize I am coming there during high season. What do you think would be a suitable bid price? I am in no rush yet. Also, what do you think about splitting up the 2 nights into 2 separate bids?

Thank-you for your help. (I will also be going to the Seattle section for bidding on 1 night at U.S. Thanksg.time.)This is all new to me, but I think I am understanding it now.

I have not got a backup cancellable hotel yet for Miami.

I would...

Select 3* Miami Downtown...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $50.

Since you have some time i would bid this once your 72 hour 'lock-out' expires, but if not successful i would then only bid it every 10-14 days, otherwise you will get frustrated quick.

You're right that it's still early, so don't get discouraged and stick with the above until late-October/mid-November at which point we'll re-visit the bid amounts. In the meantime book a cancellable back-up... this will make sure you have a roof over your head as well as take some pressure off of the bidding process.

Keep us updated as to your progress and/or if there are any questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks thereuare for your message re:jiggliefair's win. Yesterday I goofed off and tried for only So.B & Mi.B;no luck of course for a cheap 4*!LOL I almost replied saying I thought(guess they were different zones than dwtn Miami) I had used my bids for the next 3 days, but decided to try anyways.

Did $41, PL came back saying to raise it by $12, but I followed what the other person did. Added SW Miami and raised the bid to $46. I GOT IT!!

I went through www.savingsbarn.com

Now I need my 1 night post-cruise stay probably near the airport as our flight leaves at 8 am on Jan.31st. I will be looking for a shuttle ,heated pool, clean place.

Thanks for all your help!!!(I am still working on my PL Seattle 1 night for Nov.26!) When would you recommend me phoning the Hyatt and requesting a Nonsmoking;dbl.bed room??(I will enquire re:water view when we check in?).

Congratulations on your win... glad to see your patience paid off.

I would call the hotel now for your preferences and the 'water view' request at check-in. I thoroughly enjoyed this property last year and felt they met all my accomodation requests (king bed, high floor, water view)

If you'd like help with your other stays please start new topics for them.

Enjoy your stay, and thanks for the support of bidding thru SavingsBarn.com :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]