Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Airport PDX) Holiday Inn Airport

Rookfan
By Rookfan,
in

Using the PRICELINE link, for last day before leaving US bid $39 on Gresham first (preferable for us) with no sucess, and then was not patient enough to wait 24 hours (no rebid zones) and expanded on PDX. Won.

Another review indicates that HI would take all over $30 however their own best rate is $79. According to other reviews an old and "shabby" hotel, but let's see ... I think depending on the room we'll get.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in early May. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and looks like it hasn't been renovated since the late 70's. The facilities aren't bad, despite their obvious age; the pool and hot tub are well-heated, and the fitness room doesn't look bad (I didn't use it). The rooms are rather small but serviceable; the beds and shower are decent. Overall, it's fine for an overnight stay before a flight out, but don't expect to be wowed by this place.

A couple of tips for future bids:

- I don't recommend that you lock yourself into a hotel reservation in a less preferred area this far in advance, particularly in a zone like the Portland Airport where cheap hotel rooms are pretty much available anytime.

- If you do decide to add more zones to your bid (not rebid zones, but ones where you could be accepted), it's better to start a new bid, particularly if the zone you're adding has cheaper rooms than the zones you've been bidding for. For example, in this case, you could have started a new bid for the Airport zone at $30, and if rejected, added Gresham and bid $35.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]