Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Crystal City) Hyatt

trentslori
By trentslori,
in

This bidding experience was not what I expected, based on what others have gotten around here. This hotel has been gotten for $50. I got rejected. I also got rejected for the Dupont Circle/Woodley area where we had recently gotten the Marriott for $60. Originally I aimed for the Convention Center/Capitol Hill area, hoping for the Marriott Metro that others have gotten for $60. I tried up to $66 in that area. I tried other zones as well.

Anyway, after several different strategies, and rebid zones, we ended up with the Hyatt Regency Crystal City:

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $61.00

Subtotal: $183.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $35.03

Total Charges*: $218.03

I see that parking at the hotel is $25, which is a bit better than some of the downtown hotels. The hotel is apparently a ten minute walk or shuttle ride to the metro. I'm pleased, but would have preferred to get it for the $50 others have paid for it. :)

Oh well, something must be going on those days (or at least the Thursday of those days), as regular rates were pretty high.

As usual, I started first, with checking the HOTWIRE link from this website. Seeing nothing particularly enticing, I then hit the PRICELINE link before starting the bidding process.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]