Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark (Jersey City) Candlewood Suites

cabara
By cabara,
in

I was trying to get the Candlewood Suites in Jersey City because as 2* properties go, it is at the upper end of the 2* category, in my opinion.

I checked on HOTWIRE and saw it being offered in the mid-50's range. So I used the betterbidding link to go to PRICELINE and I bid $45 for June 18-21. I got accepted on the first try.

Then I realized that I had erroneously asked for Thursday - Sunday instead of Friday - Monday. So I used the extend your stay link to get Monday. I am able to check in on Thursday so it's no problem. And at this price who could complain?

By the way, I have stayed at this property before and I find the staff there to be very helpful and accommodating, the hotel very clean. And even though there is no restaurant there, they keep a good selection of take-out menus at the front desk.

So my details of my bid are as follows:

Bid $45 for three nights for a total of $135, and with taxes and fees it comes to $164.40.

The additional day was added at $45, and with taxes and fees came to $59.26.

I am one happy bidder, even though I made a stupid mistake in placing my original bid.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with th results.

Not sure when you were there last, but the area nearby (by the Westin) has been built up a lot more over the last 2-3 years and there are a few more restaurants in the area (a well as a grocery store) all under a 10 minute walk away. As well, the first 'leg' fo the project is supposed to open this summer (i'll believe the timeline when i see it), but a pedestrian bridge along the water/skyline is going to connect Hoboken to the Newport Jersey City area, which will should bring business to both areas.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]