Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

jiggliefair
By jiggliefair,
in

I've been trying to win a bid for a 3* hotel in DT Miami for 1/22/05 and am having no luck. I have been doing the following DT4*...$40

SB 3*...$45

MN3*....$50

1/22/05 is a Friday night, so should I be prepared to pay quite a bit more? I've been trying about once a week. By the way, thanks for all the help figuring out the rebid system.

Hi I ,too,have been trying Jan.21&22/05 for 3*downtown Miami.

I am not too worried if I do not succeed with Priceline as I have plans to use my Airmiles for the 2 night stay(or my grocery points&cash). Would really like to get a nice 3*=Hyatt!! for my stay.

Thereuare told me to keep trying until the end of Oct.(?) and then we can rethink bid price etc.

The 2 free rebid zones for 3* Downtown Miami are currently:North Miami and also Southwest Miami(they currently have no 3 or 4 *Hotels).

I like having 2 windows open during my tries. Open savingsbarn to get to Priceline to do my bid, and also another Priceline window to ONLY look at the zones ratings-just in case Priceline has recently put in a 3 or 4 *Hotel in North Miami or SW Miami.

Good luck. (I was excited when I saw your happy face-thought you got a hotel!!- thought there was hope for me!))

Our pleasure to help.

I'm a bit confused as to your bidding strategy... you start with 4* Downtown Miami but then lower it to 3* and add South Beach followed by North Miami?

Is that what you're doing... because if so that's not really an ideal gameplan. What zone do you really want to be in?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh dear, and I thought I had it all figured out. I believe my original thought was that either DT or SB would be all right. But, actually I want to be near the port...so I want to try for DT.

Would this be correct, as BrendainCanada suggested?

# 1... 3* Downtown....$42 # 2... 3*.......NM....$42 #3... SW.....$50

:) I just won my bid on Priceline!!!

I bid $41 on a 3* Downtown Miami. They came back saying to raise my offer by $12.

Instead, I went back and added North Miami and increased my bid to $46. They accepted this. I am very happy. This site has helped me SO much. Thanks THEREUARE and all who post their strategies.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]