MI Detroit Marriott Detroit Airport DTW

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Stayed on Oct 6th, one night.

Paid 35 on Priceline.

At check-in I was told there were no non-smoking king rooms, unless I had requested prior. I had and had written down the persons name I spoke to. All of a sudden a non-smoking room became availble. This hotel only has 4 floors. My room was large with a large bathroom. The sink was in the seperate vanity. The bed had a down comfortor, numerous pillows and another down bedspread. There was a large desk with a fax machine and hookups for internet. I used the fitness center the following morning. The fitness center had one large weight maching for various excercises, free weights, 2 treadmills, and a stairmaster.

There is also an indoor pool.

I added the parknfly option on for another 30$( up to 7 more nights parking at a lot across the street). I noticed many blood stains on the bathroom floor( I think from someone shaving their legs) and alerted the front desk on checkout. They offered to waive my parking fee without me asking and I was pleasantly surprised. I took the parking shuttle to the airport and was displeased to see my plane was delayed over an hour. Oh well.

This was well worth the money and Id stay again in a hot second.

Happy Travelling, Randi
  • 1 year later...

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night - May 2, 2006. Paid $38 on Priceline, and found the hotel to be worth that and more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I requested a quiet room away from other guests and that was delivered without a problem. The room was a king, non-smoking, and was not large but definitely adequate with a good size work desk, easy chair, night tables and a very comfortable bed with lots of pillows. The bathroom was fairly large and extremely clean, with good water pressure.

There is also a small gift shop which has a public use computer with high speed internet access. This was excellent as I didn't have a laptop with me. The only downside to this hotel was a fairly long wait for the airport shuttle. I waited 20 minutes curbside, and it took almost another 20 minutes to get to the hotel with a stop at the Northwest Airlines terminal (somewhat distant) at DTW.

Overall, a nice hotel with fantastic value.

• 4 years later...

Check in was fast and easy, man at front desk was friendly and polite.

Was given king room on second floor. It was clean and while not very big, it was nice and served my purpose. Internet access was listed as $9.95/day but when I checked in I was told it would be complimentary with my room. I had to log in saying I accepted the charge but I was told I would not in fact be charged, and I wasn't.

When they slipped my bill under my door (express check out) there was a $2 charge for an airport tax. I thought it was a little crazy since I had already paid $12 in tax to Priceline but I had read of the same thing happening to others and I still got a fantastic rate so I didn't ask about it. I am thinking about contacting Priceline to warn future winners of this hotel as it would have been nice for them to have included that in my confirmation/acceptance.

I did not use the shuttle but it looked like it was making a lot of trips and everyone looked happy getting on/off.

The pool and gym were nice and there were complimentary apples and water in the gym (as well as a basket of "disposable" headphones and every piece of equipment had its own small flatscreen tv).

Picture on the TV in room wasn't as clear as it should have been (had some lines, etc) but it wasn't bad and I did not complain.

Overall a good stay and a great value.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]