Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (USE) Crowne Plaza

bigrunone
By bigrunone,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not sure of the 3* property as it has not yet been identified, and as you can imagine, trying to guess the hotel based upon the fact that it has a restaurant is futile.

For the 3.5*, take a look at our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST, the amenities used to describe it match the amenities believed to be associated with the Sir Francis Drake and the Crowne Plaza (it could also be another hotel we don't yet know about).

However, because the 3.5* is also listed as a Customer Favorite we can often get clues as to the hotel's identity. One such comment mentions, "... the room had nice amenities, including a coffee maker, hair dryer, and a nice view of the city..." Although both hotels mention their city views, the Sir Francis Drake does not have coffee makers in their rooms (a phone call i just made to the front desk confirms this) while the Crowne Plaza lists it as an amenity in their rooms. Conclusion: my best guess is that the 3.5* is the Crowne Plaza.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, from what i understand the discount is shown after purchase, which in my opinion seems like a stupid way of doing things. Most users on the 'net like to see their actual total before hitting the 'submit' button so that they know the coupon 'took' and is valid. As this is the first wide-spread promotion Hotwire has done, hopefully they will learn.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just checked hotwire again for USE and the 3.5 star hotel dropped from 97 to 83. The reviews changed as well. It is still a customer favorite. The amenities are hotel, restaurant, fax...It is a customer favorite and here is the review on hotwire.

Do you think this is still the crown plaza or do you think it might be Sir Frances Drake?

Thanks

The room was, for SF, spacious. The decor was very nice with colors which I particularly like, that are well coordinated and balanced. Everything was very clean. It was quiet. The staff was cordial, professional, very friendly and nice. It couldn't have been nicer and we'd go back there in a heartbeat, especially at the Hotwire rate. Can't beat the location. It was terrific in all respects. No complaints whatsoever.

Just booked the 3.5 star hotel USE Crown Plaza using savingsbarn.com. Thanks for the coupon...it worked great. You were right with your guess about the crown plaza.

I learned from you that you can find out more information about the hotel reviews by closing the browser and searching again. It took me about 5 tries to find the coffee maker hint in the reviews. Thanks.

Also, point to note: The rate for the room went down from 83 to 80 when I logged in before searching for the hotel. Don't know if everyone knows that already, but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for the report.

I'm glad it went as expected and it sounds as if this will work out well for you.

Hotwire's prices fluctuate to increase opacity, i think their is a pattern as to the prices going down when you logged out, it just as easily could have gone up.

Enjoy your stay, and thank you for the support.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back. Hotel was great, although I wouldn't have booked if I knew there was a strike. The noise from the strike can be heard all over USE. However, I am personally not a big fan of crossing the picket lines. That being said, the striking workers are extremely civil and do not try to bother the guests at all. Their gripe is with management and it is very apparent.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]